Check my 1,000 Watt array and 8x Golf Cart Size Battery RV System

fredrhodes
fredrhodes Registered Users Posts: 7
I was wondering if someone could weigh in on my system. I have 4 - 250w LG modules going to a Morningstar 60 amp charge controller. I currently have 8 220AH 6 volt batteries wired in pairs to give me 12 volts then to my inverter and my 12 volt appliances. I have large wire to my inverter I think 1/0. The modules are mounted flat on the roof of my houseboat. If I run the batteries down to 50 - 60 % of charge will this array charge them in 5-6 hours of sun in the summer months??

Thanks!
Fred

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Off Grid RV System
    fredrhodes wrote: »
    I was wondering if someone could weigh in on my system. I have 4 - 250w LG modules going to a Morningstar 60 amp charge controller. I currently have 8 220AH 6 volt batteries wired in pairs to give me 12 volts then to my inverter and my 12 volt appliances. I have large wire to my inverter I think 1/0. The modules are mounted flat on the roof of my houseboat. If I run the batteries down to 50 - 60 % of charge will this array charge them in 5-6 hours of sun in the summer months??

You have a 880 amphour battery bank. Your panels will likely produce a charging current of about 60-65 amps (if the sun is high enough for your horizontally mounted panels) which is about 7% of your amphour rating. That should barely be enough to charge your bank in a day, if you have no other loads.

btw, this could be a new thread...

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Check my 1,000 Watt array and 8x Golf Cart Size Battery RV System

Hi Fred,

I have moved to your own thread--It will make question and answers easier to follow as they will be for your system.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset