mounting breakers and inverter to dist. center wire

Options
I will be using 2 Square D Qou 50 amp breakers in a pv system and need to know if I need to use a DIN strip (who sells) or can I mount directly to the control panel box :? I have a Vector 3000 wt inverter that I do not see a way to hard wire to the distribution center in the house (stand alone system). I was going to run #6/3 AWG wire but now wondering is there a way plug into inverter and run 3 or 4 cable to distribution center? Need help or ideas on the inverter to distribution panel in the house!!!!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: mounting breakers and inverter to dist. center wire

Sunchaser,

Here are some (hopefully useful) links to Square-D FAQ's about mounting QOU breakers:

Link #1
    Link #2
    Link #3
    Link #4

It might be worth considering abandoning the QOU's in favor of plain ol' QO's. The latter are readily available for ~$8 or so at Home Depot, and a 2 circuit x 6 breaker/circuit indoor QO load center box is ~$20.

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

Thanks for the heads up on QO breakers! Still need help on wiring from inverter to house distribution panel. Manuel says do not connect to AC distribution wiring. I assume that is to prevent problems with grid power. This is off grid system.
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is off grid system.

No problem. Since you are off grid, the inverter output takes the place of the grid AC input to the distribution/breaker panel. Make sure you're properly addressing grounding and neutral-to-ground bonding. The inverter should include instructions. Check this drawing for a wiring example.

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer