Adding Batteries

Options
I presently have a 1.5k inverter with a 4 - 12 volt batteries. 4 - 6 volts 220 A/H connected in series / parallel. If I add 2 more batteries to make a 4 bank batteries to a 6 bank will it increase my total A/h and what will the 6 bank batteries A/H be? Lou

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Adding Batteries

in using 6v batteries to come up with 12v that means 2 batteries in series and the current stays the same in series so 2 batteries become 12v at 220ah as the voltage adds in series.  when paralleling the voltage stays the same, but you add the currents. you have 4 in series/parallel so that tells me you paralleled another series pair to the first one giving you 12v at 440ah. to add another series pair in parallel this will add another 220ah for a total of 660ah at 12v.
    p.s. this posting of loucap's was moved here from the news and announcements section which is more for company use.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

Niel , thank you for the information on adding batteries to increase A/H. Need 6 volt 220A/H batteries to replace old ones, where can I get them in Flagstaff. Lou
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lou,

NAWS, this forum's owner/operator, is located in Flagstaff. Try contacting them for batteries. See: http://store.solar-electric.com/

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer