Feedback Requested: Should I/Can I sell my DC Motors here?

I didnt realize until I became interested in building a wind turbine for myself that I had access to some of the better motors for building them. They are all ECM motors for blowers, which means they are all direct current motors that have a module attached that is programmed to make the DC motor behave like a 3-phase induction motor with variable speed.

The motors are second-hand and they have a malfunctioning ECM module, which I would regularly repair and resell. The DC motors attached all function perfectly (the ones I would sell anyways) its the ECM modules that fail long before the motors do as you can imagine since theres not a whole lot to a DC motor.

This is where my turbine brethren come in. If I can sell the motors here or on similar forums I could save myself from a bit of work by not worrying about the ECM module repair and help the community get great motors for our hobby.

Some examples of what I have in stock:

GE 2.3
Volts 120/240
Amps 6.4/4.3
RPMS 1050
Volts/rpm .114

US Motors
Volts 120/240
Amps 8.5/5.2
RPMS 1200
Volts/rpm .114/.2

GE X13
Volts 200/213
Amps 6
RPMS 1050
Volts/rpm .19

Genteq X13
125 Volts
Amps 10.9
RPMS 1050
Volts/rpm .109

So I need some feedback here on what the market is on the forum and how much I can sell them for and if its worth it to go this route or should I stick to what I know. Please give me your opinion I would greatly appreciate it. Mods, if this conflicts with forum guidelines please remove. Thank you much!

worldishis@gmail.com

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Feedback Requested: Should I/Can I sell my DC Motors here?
    worldishis wrote: »
    Mods, if this conflicts with forum guidelines please remove. Thank you much!

Welcome to the forum,
    As I understand the rules (and I'm no expert), you should post this in the "for sale" thread.
    --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • RandomJoe
    RandomJoe Solar Expert Posts: 472 ✭✭✭

Do you know about the OtherPower forum?

http://www.fieldlines.com

They are all about DIY/homebrew wind and solar, so you're likely to find more interested people there. Perhaps also more who would know what your motors may be worth.

Edit: "more interested people" as in "a larger number of people who are interested" - there are folks here who are interested in this sort of thing, just not so many! :p
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

We do not allow commercial advertising of products here.

Members are allowed to list their used equipment as available in the For Sale thread.

In this case even though the items may be used it would be considered a commercial enterprise and therefor not allowed.

However, we will leave this thread up where it is and if anyone is interested in these motors they can PM or e-mail worldishis.

Can't get any fairer than that.
  • worldishis
    worldishis Registered Users Posts: 3
    RandomJoe wrote: »
    Do you know about the OtherPower forum?

http://www.fieldlines.com

They are all about DIY/homebrew wind and solar, so you're likely to find more interested people there. Perhaps also more who would know what your motors may be worth.

Edit: "more interested people" as in "a larger number of people who are interested" - there are folks here who are interested in this sort of thing, just not so many! :p

Ive stumbled on that forum several times these past few months learning about wind turbines. When I have more time Ill post over there and introduce myself. Thank you for your input!
    We do not allow commercial advertising of products here.

Members are allowed to list their used equipment as available in the For Sale thread.

In this case even though the items may be used it would be considered a commercial enterprise and therefor not allowed.

However, we will leave this thread up where it is and if anyone is interested in these motors they can PM or e-mail worldishis.

Can't get any fairer than that.

More than fair, thank you for leaving it up.
  • Texas Wellman
    Texas Wellman Solar Expert Posts: 153 ✭✭

What is the NEMA frame of the motors?
  • worldishis
    worldishis Registered Users Posts: 3
    What is the NEMA frame of the motors?

They dont explicitly say, but Im pretty confident they are 48Y or 48YZ. Thanks