Suresine won't switch to standby

Options
Joe94
Joe94 Solar Expert Posts: 42
My suresine won't switch to standby. If I turn it on it starts up in standby mode and when I add a load it wakes up and works just as it should but when I disconnect the load it doesn't switch back to standby. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong or have it set up incorrectly? I have the no 1 dip switch in the on position as the owners manual says.

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Suresine won't switch to standby

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!
    There is a delay before the TS-300 reverts to standby, I have two of them, one remotely switched on only as needed, the other on 24/7, so I don't use standby with them, and forget the time lag length. The way my system is set up, it would cause major disruption to do the time lag test, so perhaps someone else knows. In the meantime, give it 5 minutes and if it hasn't done it's thing by then, disconnect the lines now connected to the AC output of the inverter and see if that makes a difference, there MIGHT be something somewhere on that line that, while not enough to trigger the inverter on, could be keeping it on once triggered. But I expect you're just running into that relatively long time lag. I remember it had me questioning my inverter the same way, until I got the second one and found it the same.
    Let us know how you make out.
    Wayne
  • RandomJoe
    RandomJoe Solar Expert Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    Options

Just tried mine with a desk lamp, a second or two to sense the light and turn on, then drops back to standby 5 seconds after the light is switched off.

It's supposed to take 8W to keep it on, if you've actually disconnected the load I can't imagine the wiring having that much leakage. My problem is usually keeping it *awake* as my loads can sometimes be down around 8W so I normally have it set to "Always On" and use a remote enable switch on the low voltage terminals.
  • RandomJoe
    RandomJoe Solar Expert Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thought I might add, just to check: Have you removed power from the SureSine and waited for it to discharge, just to be sure it's "reset"? When I tested mine I had to flip the DIP switch on and did so with the inverter off (via remote switch) but still powered. It didn't like that, I had to disconnect power to let it reset. In my case it wouldn't do anything at all (had a constant red status light and when I switched it on a red AC light) but perhaps yours responded differently...?
  • Joe94
    Joe94 Solar Expert Posts: 42
    Options

Well I've been playing with it. I think there may be something wrong. I tried everything even disconnecting the AC wires from the inverter and it still would not switch back to standby. Finally I discovered if I turn of the low voltage disconnect warning beeper it functions. It wakes up as it should and switches back to standby a few seconds after the load is disconnected. I feel like I can live with it but it seems like there is probably something wrong.