Turn-key Packages

I am getting conflicting statements on how much installers charge for installing a turn-key package. What is actually the AVERAGE price they charge? And what do the distributers charge the installers. Would appreciate any input. :?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Turn-key Packages

Are you talking about turnkey Solar PV with Grid-Tied Inverter????

Mine, last September was about $29,000 list for 3,500 watts of BP 4175 panels (20x) installed on second story south facing pitched roof (just simple mounts), 1x Xantrex 3.0 Grid-Tied Inverter (3kW peak rated) for an estimated 400 kWhrs per month (12 month average). Installed, city building permits, fees, PG&E net meter with Time of Use Meter installed, etc. through Home Depot/BP Solar. Just south of SF California.

California rebates and income tax breaks were about $8,000... or so... All turnkeyed...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

In answer to your question, yes, with grid-tied inverter, modules, mounts, etc. Was the $8000 California rebate included in the $29,000?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

$29k before, $21k after... Most was the IIRC ~$2.50 a watt cash (on CEC rating of ~2,918 watts) back from state (contractor took that off of the $29k price and I filled out the rebate form in their name). The rest was a CA income tax credit that I filed for the next April 15th.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset