Listen Up: Solar Energy Technology Innovations

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
feature-0-1383153715784.jpg The first time I heard about Ultrasolar and pyroelectricity I checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Engineers and scientists are automatically skeptical of device efficiencies over 100 percent. But when I dug into their technology a bit more, I realized that they actually may be on to a practical way for an inverter to increase the output of a standard solar module.

More...

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Listen Up: Solar Energy Technology Innovations
    RSSfeed wrote: »
    feature-0-1383153715784.jpg The first time I heard about Ultrasolar and pyroelectricity I checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Engineers and scientists are automatically skeptical of device efficiencies over 100 percent. But when I dug into their technology a bit more, I realized that they actually may be on to a practical way for an inverter to increase the output of a standard solar module.
    I have to call attention getting bull**** on that one.
    Yes, if the output of an inverter with this technology is enough greater than the output of a conventional inverter using the same panels, then you could, by some stretch call that an inverter with more than 100% efficiency, but if it turns out to be practical you are not getting extra energy out of nowhere in the inverter, you are just, as the next sentence states, improving the efficiency of panel.

Now what is really interesting is the LED which produces more infra-red output energy than you have input electrical energy. The small problem with that one is that you have to also heat the LED to make it happen. So you are, in effect, really using the LED mechanism to tune and enhance thermal radiation.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Listen Up: Solar Energy Technology Innovations

Another episode of "Find The Lady with Physics". :p