Cariboocoot
Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
As you can see by this photo the pump is solar powered. :D

Comments

• SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Re: My new well

Must be one of the "New" superconducting solar cells
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

"solar powered" Good one Coot! Hahahahahaha
  • NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭

Congratulations!

Did you get a water analysis? I guess you should have good water in BC. Perhaps, a little bit too hard, but good.
  • rich
    rich Solar Expert Posts: 62 ✭✭✭✭

Seems that from what I have learned in this forum that it would only have the capacity to pump that dehydrated water...hehe.
  • Cariboocoot
    NorthGuy wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Did you get a water analysis? I guess you should have good water in BC. Perhaps, a little bit too hard, but good.

Actually the water is hard, but much better than that from the old community system. About half as hard in fact. We put this well in because the government was taking over the old system and "upgrading" it to meet their standards - at a cost of $30,000 per household on the system. I can drill four wells for that.

The light actually does serve a purpose: it keeps me from waltzing into the well casing when I'm walking the dog around at night.

For those who want to know the pump is 1/2 HP with both start and run capacitors and it works very good.
  • waynefromnscanada
    For those who want to know the pump is 1/2 HP with both start and run capacitors and it works very good.

That sounds VERY interesting. Assuming a more or less "standard" 1/2 hp submersible pump, have never heard of one having both start and run caps.
    If you have make and model without pulling it from the well, I'd like to check it out and learn something.
    Thanks. :D
  • Cariboocoot

Wayne;

The pump is a Berkeley MST10GPM 1/2 HP 230V 3 wire. That's hand written info on the invoice so the actual model number may be something else, etc. There's a little box inside the crawl space with two big caps in it. Draws about 6 Amps max; run current is around 3.

Well is 95' deep, btw.
  • waynefromnscanada
    Wayne;

The pump is a Berkeley MST10GPM 1/2 HP 230V 3 wire. That's hand written info on the invoice so the actual model number may be something else, etc. There's a little box inside the crawl space with two big caps in it. Draws about 6 Amps max; run current is around 3.

Well is 95' deep, btw.

Very interesting. Thanks. And just 3 amps running? WOW! Cap run motors tend to be very efficient. Too bad more manufacturers wouldn't use such motors.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

couldn't find that model, but there is the MS+ series, and it looks like it can be used with a VFD

http://www.berkeleypumps.com/ResidentialProduct_Series_MSplus.aspx

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Cariboocoot
    westbranch wrote: »
    couldn't find that model, but there is the MS+ series, and it looks like it can be used with a VFD

http://www.berkeleypumps.com/ResidentialProduct_Series_MSplus.aspx

That is probably it: "T" and "+" look alike in his handwriting. :D
    It is a 3-wire design so it could have VFD connected to it. Very impressive performance so far.

When I changed out the pump in Langley (year before we sold the place) I put in a "high speed" 1/2 HP pump to replace the "standard" 1/3 HP. It used less real power than the lower HP pump. If they make an effort they can make motors more efficient.