Options
2»

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Inverter Comparisons
    CDN_VT wrote: »
    If you have two plug holes on that SA 1500 (Samlex) you could , wire in two plugs and parallel them so both plugs are used having a better contact area between the plug & the SA 1500 (Samlex) GFI. Warm of any sort is not good.. at connections . Since you only use the SA1500 for one item , on a picture look up , I see two spots for two plugs.
    I would also buy those industrial type of heavy duty plugs .
    Attachment not found.

See if that helps
    VT
    I have to agree. It's common for such plugs to get warm when carrying heavy loads like this for an extended time (finger the connected plug on a neighbours electric frying pan after it's been on for a while) If you can wire two plugs like CDN_VT says, it will share the load and thus run cooler.
    Again, whether we like it or not, it's VERY common for standard plugs to get warm when continuously handling loads like you describe. Actually, it's probably as much the fault of the receptacle as the plug, likely the result of the way the receptacle spring clips make contact with the plug prongs, resulting in a tiny but existing resistance, thus heat. And no, I don't like it either, but it's common. Hopefully you can get the double plug thing working, like CDN_VC describes. It should help. Just be very careful and aware that if one of the two plugs falls out, or is pulled out, it will have exposed live prongs. OUCH!
    And CDN_VT that SS-300 that got passed on in garage sales - - I would have bought it in a flash! :cry: