What button battery number is used in the Classic 150?

Options
H2SO4_guy
H2SO4_guy Solar Expert Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
On a Classic 150 it loses time every time it is disconnected from power. Any help is appreciated, just wanted to get a new battery for it. If you know the number, it sure would help me out.

Thanks,

Skip
12K asst panels charging through Midnite Classic 150's, powering Exeltechs and Outback VFX-3648 inverter at 12 and 48 volts.  2080 AH @ 48 VDC of Panasonic Stationary batteries (2 strings of 1040 AH each) purchased for slightly over scrap, installed August 2013.  Outback PSX-240X for 220 volt duties.  No genny usage since 2014. 

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: What button battery number is used in the Classic 150?

H2 ...,

This Thread on the MN Forum says it is a CR1216, (am not at a site with a Classic just now):

http://www.midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=998.0

It has also been recommended that one remove this coin cell, and clean the contacts of the battery holder. AND, to also try bending the upper spring contact of the batt holder such that it will create a bit more spring tension. Clean the battery top and bottom surfaces as well.

If you have a DMM, measure the battery voltage while it is out of the Classic, as well. It really should be about 3-ish volts. The clock may operate to 1.5-ish volts.

It is best to not have the battery installed and not have system battery voltage applied to the Classic, as the system battery normally runs the clock, and the coin cell is just for when there is no system batt voltage on the output terminals of the Classic. Opinions, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

that will be the case again with your display battery if you keep shutting off the classic. i shut mine off at the end of every day and i don't bother with the battery. if you wish to log your daily stats the power will need to be maintained so don't shut off your classic to drain the button cell.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi H2 ..,

Did check one of the Classics here today, the Silk-Screened Legend on the MNGP PC board does say CR1216 FWIW. Was any of the above of any help? Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.