Solar to become the norm?

waynefromnscanada
waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Solar to become the norm?

right, tell that to the utilities that solar is now the norm.

interesting graph. i think the price will start to smooth out soon meaning the pricing will still drop, but much more slowly and it may even bump upward briefly at times. that's only my opinion and my opinions have been fairly accurate so far.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    right, tell that to the utilities that solar is now the norm.

interesting graph. i think the price will start to smooth out soon meaning the pricing will still drop, but much more slowly and it may even bump upward briefly at times. that's only my opinion and my opinions have been fairly accurate so far.
    As they say in the financial world, history of prior performance is not a predictor of future performance. :D
  • Skippy
    Skippy Solar Expert Posts: 310 ✭✭

Very interesting article. . . in a different context, the very first cell phone was large - bulky - and expensive . . now you can get them for next to nothing . . looks like solar panels may be going the same way. . . when they first came out, they were costly, now that they are getting to be used more and more, the price is finally starting to come down . . .

hmmm . . wonder if you compared the time lines of the cell phone and solar panels . . how would they compare. . ?

The thing that caught my eye, was the "flow batteries" . . when are they coming out ? Cheap batteries. . . that would be nice. . .
    2 - 255W + 4 - 285W PV - Tristar 60 amp MPPT CC / 3 - 110W PV -wired for 36V- 24V Sunsaver MPPT CC / midnite bat. monitor.
    1 KW PSW inverter 24V / 2.5 KW MSW inverter-24V ~ 105 AHR battery.
    3 ton GSHP.- 100 gallon warm water storage / house heat - radiant floor / rad
    9 -220W PV - net meter - Enphase inverters and internet reporting system.
    420 Gallon rain water system for laundry.***  6" Rocket Mass Heater with 10' bed for workshop heat.
    Current project is drawing up plans for a below grade Hobbit / underground home.
    Google "undergroundandlovinit" no spaces.
  • ChrisOlson
    ChrisOlson Banned Posts: 1,807 ✭✭

Wayne, there's nothing "alternative" about it at our place. The grid, for us, is "alternative", and not a practical alternative at that. Our off-grid system cost us way less than grid power would have.

So maybe it depends on the point of view?
    --
    Chris