Messed with meter - help!

BoFuller
BoFuller Solar Expert Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
I was looking for a reading this morning on my Trimetric and didn't have my glasses on. I held down reset accidentally and my Battery Full % changed from 80 to 100. Oops. Will this keep my batteries from charging? Or will it go up to 120 now? What do I need to do?
12 Kyocera 235 panels, 3 Gyll LiFePO4 batteries (previously 16 Trojan L16 RE-B batteries), Outback 3600W 48V system, Generac 11K propane backup generator, NW AZ, off grid, 6,000 ft (system installed in April 2015)

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Messed with meter - help!

Assuming the reset did not clear the programming/settings for the battery monitor... All that should happen (I don't have a battery monitor/off grid system), is that the meter will stay at 100% for the rest of the day and start counting down when the sun sets (whether the battery hits 100%/float or not).

This will not affect how your battery bank/charge controller work. The battery monitor only measures current and time--then reports the results. It does not control charging current.

Once the battery bank is fully recharged (next sunny day or two--whatever your system normally does at 80% state of charge and a sunny day), everything should be fine.

You should check some of the programming parameters to make sure that everything is still correct.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BoFuller
    BoFuller Solar Expert Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    Re: Messed with meter - help!
    BB. wrote: »
    Assuming the reset did not clear the programming/settings for the battery monitor... All that should happen (I don't have a battery monitor/off grid system), is that the meter will stay at 100% for the rest of the day and start counting down when the sun sets (whether the battery hits 100%/float or not).

This will not affect how your battery bank/charge controller work. The battery monitor only measures current and time--then reports the results. It does not control charging current.

Once the battery bank is fully recharged (next sunny day or two--whatever your system normally does at 80% state of charge and a sunny day)), everything should be fine.

You should check some of the programming parameters to make sure that everything is still correct.

-Bill

Thanks a lot, Bill!!!
    12 Kyocera 235 panels, 3 Gyll LiFePO4 batteries (previously 16 Trojan L16 RE-B batteries), Outback 3600W 48V system, Generac 11K propane backup generator, NW AZ, off grid, 6,000 ft (system installed in April 2015)