Anyone got an Aerovironment uspc 2000 motor controller they would consider selling?

jango
jango Registered Users Posts: 5
Looking for an Aerovironment uspc 2000 motor controller,

they look like this,

http://www.avinc.com/clean_power/uspc/uspc-2000

thanks

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Anyone got an Aerovironment uspc 2000 motor controller they would consider selling?

Interesting Solar to VFD (Variable Frequency Drive)--I think.

Do yo have any experience with one yet?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • jango
    jango Registered Users Posts: 5
    Re: Anyone got an Aerovironment uspc 2000 motor controller they would consider selling?

No experience, but if it works to spec it would possibly be a good solution for my water pumping rather than going through my existing solar system. I like that i could run a 2hp 3phase pump from 2200 watts, although i do notice that they discontinued them so no warranty and probably no viable replacements on the market i can find if the controller dies so the pump and solar configuration would be useless in that case.

If theres any feedback on performance in the field i d appreciate it, thanks
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

We have had a couple posters looking at "standard" VFDs connected to a solar array...

WELL PUMP and Inverter QUESTION
    Wind/solar for large scale pumping etc (out of my depth!)
    could use knowledge - using Gould jet pump - transfering from 230vAC to ? DC (new link/thread 10/27/2012)
    Help required to design off grid system (information on possibilities to connect "standard VFDs direct to solar panels) (new link 1/13/2013)

Some information (and success?) in the above links--Enough to perhaps do your own experimentation.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset