12 volt Sawafuji compressor

Thanks in advance for your idea's.
Does anyone have experience with the Sawafuji compressor?
This is the compressor that is inside many of the Norcold and Engel portable refrigerators.
My question is embarrassingly simple. Is the pin on the bottom of the compressor the positive (+) terminal ? I have been looking at schematics and technical diagrams
but it's still not clear.

Thanks

Carl

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: 12 volt Sawafuji compressor

hi
    think there is an electronic control circuit that controls the motor to get it to "swing" or osicilate back and fowards to operate
    stu
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

stu,
    i believe that is not the op's question as he is questioning the placement of the + lead. i do not know why the op needs this or how it came about, but that is irrelevant and my efforts to search for that info did not pan out. most likely an email to the company could be in order.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

If you have an intact, functioning unit a Volt meter should tell you which terminal is (+) and which is (-).
    If you haven't got the unit or it isn't working for some reason, that wouldn't help.
    The schematic should be "traceable" so that this can be determined.
    But then again I haven't seen the schematic. It might be in Chinese.
  • System2

I Have been trying to find a replacement compressor for Norcold but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for the 12 volt Sawafuji compressor SK-511N?
  • System2
    NEALFL wrote: »
    I Have been trying to find a replacement compressor for Norcold but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for the 12 volt Sawafuji compressor SK-511N?

Hello. I have a new Sawafuji compressor...includes new icemaker too. It is for the typical NORCOLD fridge - up to appx 4cu ft or fridge with icemaker - units up to about 36" high. It works either 12volt or 24volt systems, uses just 3.1 amps 12v or 1.55amps on 24v. Model SK511-M, 50Hz, CFC Free compressor. I think new it was over $300, heavy unit. Was to be installed on fridge on yacht, no longer own.

A few of the model fridges it might fit would be: 322, 442, 774, 251, 2193, DC 440 , 451, and 490 models

MUST be DC only model fridge.... not one of the DUAL AC/DC, or 3 way PROPANE/AC/DC
    Would sell for $125 and $10 shpping. if interested. email artsmap@earthlink.net
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

greenforest,
    nealfl has not been here since sept 23rd of this year. he also did not elect to have a link to his email through the forum so he may not ever know that you have that available.
  • lesterbo
    lesterbo Registered Users Posts: 2

We need a 12 volt Sawafuji compressor for Norcold 461 7cu ft fridge.
    Fridge gets power but doesn't run. OR...Is it something other than compressor…help!
  • lesterbo
    lesterbo Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking also for 12 volt Sawafuji compressor SK 515M for Norcold fridge. Help
  • k0k0pelli
    k0k0pelli Registered Users Posts: 1
    lesterbo wrote: »
    We need a 12 volt Sawafuji compressor for Norcold 461 7cu ft fridge.
    Fridge gets power but doesn't run. OR...Is it something other than compressor…help!
    Check the voltage output from the controller to the compressor. Should be about 30 VAC. If 30 VDC compressor will swing one way and stop. There is a timer chip that goes out on the control board. Had one fail on my engle that was replaced under warranty.