Sunsaver MPPT Timestamp

bdosborn
bdosborn Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭✭
I've been messing around with MSview and the Sunsaver MPPT doing some data logging of the load characteristics of a Waeco cooler. I noticed that the time stamp that MSview logs is off by a day or so. How do I set the time on the Sunsaver? I can't find anything in the Morningstar documentation or in MS View.:confused:

Bruce

Comments

• dogman
    dogman Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Re: Sunsaver MPPT Timestamp

Hello:

You are correct about it being off if you are comparing it to your local time.
    It shows UTC time, here in Calif it's will be -8 hours from local time.
    I wish the MSVIEW program had a way to adjust what it displays or saves.
    It might be able to be done in the output log but I have not found an easy way yet. I have a TS-MPPT-60 and have been expermenting with it for only a couple of days so far.

Off grid with 6 Simpliphi 3.4KWH 48 volt batteries, 2 Morningstar TriStar MPPT controllers with TS-RM-2  monitor, 1 with 9 Silfab 310 watt panels and 1 with 18 Grape solar 220 watt panels, Magnum MS4448PAE inverter with BMK battery monitor, Tri-Metric battery monitor and Utility company style KWH used meter.

• CraigC
    CraigC Registered Users Posts: 16

You can use the following formula in excel, it will subtract 8 hours from UTC. A21 was the source cell (first column containing the date/time stamp in my example);

=TEXT((MID(A21,1,10) + MID(A21,12,12) - TIME(8,0,0)),"yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss AM/PM")

source cell=2013-06-12T15:52:05.037+00:00 target cell=2013-06-12 07:52:05 AM

Craig
  • NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭

To confuse things further, the difference will be -7 if you have a daylight saving time in the Summer. However, Sunsaver may not know that.
  • CraigC
    CraigC Registered Users Posts: 16

You can also open the log file with notepad and change all +00:00 to -08:00 (or -07:00), save it then open it in msview and you'll have your correct time.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    NorthGuy wrote: »
    To confuse things further, the difference will be -7 if you have a daylight saving time in the Summer. However, Sunsaver may not know that.
    Although the UK (including Greenwich) may go to British Summer Time, UTC never changes, so the offset between your local time and UTC will change twice per year if you observe Daylight Savings Time.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.