Power Strip & Timer Recommendations
Are there any specific power strips to consider for turning off phantom loads? After doing a review of my home power use I can see a need for more than one power strip. This actually could almost require one power strip per outlet since outlets are placed apart from each other. Our wall oven in the kitchen is plugged into one outlet while the coffee pot is plugged into another and the microwave is plugged into a 3rd and they cannot be moved closer to each other. The TV is plugged into a different outlet than the PC, and so on, just like in most houses. So, 1 power strip might be a small one and another might be a larger one.
Perhaps I just need to get a switched outlet but if an outlet has two devices plugged in it that eliminates the ability to use a switched outlet, doesn't it, since I believe the switch takes the place of one outlet?
And, timers...what are good timers to use? As an example, I would like to consider putting my refrigerator and freezer on a timer so they do not run during the evening but only from say 7 am - 7 pm at night. I could also see putting the radiant floor / domestic H2O combo boiler on a timer. I can also see putting our 10 gall aquarium on a timer once I change to an undergravel filter system as the one we have now loses it's prime whenever I shut it off.
So, what are the recommendations on power strips and timers? And, what devices have you all put on these two items?
Modules: 5.395 kW:
(16) Kyocera KC130TM
(12) Kyocera KD-210GX-LPU
(3) Kyocera KU265-6MCA
(24) Trojan Solar SPRE 02 1255
(2) Zomework trackers (KC130TM modules, 8 per tracker, landscape position) - facing due south
(1) Unirac ground mounted fixed rack (all KD210 modules, landscape position) - facing slightly southwest
(1) Unirac roof mounted fixed rack (all KU265 modules, landscape postion) - facing due south
(2) Trace SW5548
(1) Outback MX60 - for (16) KC130 modules
(1) Flexmax60 - for (12) KD210 modules
(1) Flexmax60 - for (3) KU265 modules
(1) Kohler 14RESA propane