Conext TX and SG-View

SkiDoo55
SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
Have a new Conext TX 3800 grid tied inverter (purchased from Sponsor site on Earth day) that I am installing, as second inverter along side a Zantrex GT 3.8. It pears the Schneider has changed some code as not to allow SG-View, which I really like and which allows multiple inverters to be monitored completely with separate Serial comm lines.
The new Conext View will only allow one instance of the program to run. It will display a System totals but you loose a lot of the information of the operation information. It does work on the older inverter.

Hs anyone heard of a patch or upgrade to SG View to make it run on a Conext TX?

Installing 5000 watts of ET 250 panels and a Conext TX 3800 inverter to my existing 4600 watts of Trina 230 panels and a Zantrex GT 3.8. It has produced 18.8 MWh to date without a single issue.
GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Conext TX and SG-View

You might try "solar guppy's" old forum/website... He wrote some programs that worked with Xantrex GT inverters:

http://sgtechnology.dyndns.org//forum/

Solar Guppy used to frequent our forum a lot--But he has moved on to other things so has been much less active here and on his forum (from what I can see).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Re: Conext TX and SG-View

I was hoping that he might troll on thru and respond.
    I have SG-View which is his version of GT view which I really like and have been using, works great. It just won't talk to the new Conext TX inverter. When I first tried thought that it had a dead RS-232 serial port. Installed the Conext View (2011) and it works but the features are lacking compared to Solar Guppy's version. Also, you can only run one install of it so can not monitor more than one inverter separately. It will show a system numbers if the inverters are ZanBus'd together which I have.

Hoping the new Schneider "ComBox" will work better when it comes out. Still waiting to see the spec on it.

Thanks for the reply will wait and see what happens.

I like the permitting process here in Chico, CA. Took about 30 minutes for me to get my permit for new install. They are solar savy about solar and no problems doing as owner/installer. Didn't have any issues back in 2010 for that install either other than have to get a engineer to approve the rafter reinforcement due to 50's 2"x4" rafters. Just had to sister up with 2"x 6" on the rafter that the attach points anchored too.

Lots of sun here, of course the temps are heading close to 100 this weekend with Redflag fire danger.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!