New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
The California Energy Commission (CEC) has awarded $1.7 million to a partnership between Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Cool Earth Solar Inc. (CES) to conduct a community-scale renewable energy integration demonstration project at the Livermore Valley Open Campus. The central idea of the project is to use solar forecasting to make photovoltaic power generation more [...]The post New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation appeared...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=cPWIfps0pVk:m-WBKyQZ3xs:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=cPWIfps0pVk:m-WBKyQZ3xs:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
cPWIfps0pVk

More...

Comments

• NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭
    Re: New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation

Such a waste of money ...
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

I would think that most of what goes on at Livermore is in that class. Certainly better things to do with the cash.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,590 admin

Has anyone received their DVD Player (Video Tape Player relocation funds) and Flat Screen TV subsidy (end X-Ray emissions from Color TVs now)? How about the $40 digital TV conversion project (US--Down with Analog)? How about the kWatt guzzler tax on older large screen format TV's and color monitors?

We (California) have a ~$25+ monitor disposal fee on new monitors (garbage company collects old TVs and computer gear for shipment to some second or third world country to strip for gold and copper).

Still looking at some of the same programs I saw in the late 1970's for solar thermal water heating (and some roofs around here still have those remnant non-working systems on them).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

So ... you're saying California's motto is "Let's not think this through"?
  • BB.

Oh--They are thinking it through--They are really good at collecting the "skim".

The government hates competition:
    [h=3]Mafia-Aided Scheme Evades Millions in Gas Taxes - New York Times(1989)[/h]
    The dealers, he said, collected the 9 cents in Federal taxes as part of the price of each gallon of gasoline they sold to retailers. Instead of turning the revenues over to the Government as required by law, the dealers kept 8 cents from each gallon and passed along at least 1 cent to the Mafia, Mr. Moskowitz explained. Dummy Companies
    The tax evaders, called bootleggers, cheat by creating dummy companies and false documents indicating that one of those companies has collected the taxes. When the Government seeks out the companies and the taxes, both have evaporated.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

what about the scam of a train of Bio-diesel fuel that went back and forth across the border and each time it entered the US got 'bio-fuel subsidy payments' from the US gov? The scam was worth $6 -12 Million ..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/12/19/mystery-biodiesel-train-credits.html

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    So ... you're saying California's motto is "Let's not think this through"?

Of course not. Coming up with a motto requires thought. :-)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • BB.

"Ad infinitum et ultra!" (to infinity, and beyond).

Who knew that a "Buzz Lightyear" quote would be pre-translated to Latin somewhere on the Internet (in multiple places).

Hmm... Kinds of goes well with the real state motto--"Eureka" (I have found it!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(word)
    "Eureka" comes from the Ancient Greek word εὕρηκα heúrēka, meaning "I have found (it)"

-Bill
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

"Eureka" means "get me a towel" in Ephebian. :p
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    solar_dave wrote: »
    I would think that most of what goes on at Livermore is in that class.
    Such is the nature of an experimental laboratory. Not all ideas, or even most of them, will pan out, but the return from the few that do offsets the effort "wasted" in pursuing the rest of them.