Xantrex c60

Having tried in vain with Schneider and Xantrex does any one have even a rough diagram that they would be willing to part with i had my one imported from the us and its failed and the company are not interested in helping in any way . any thought or ideas would be grateful .

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Zantrex c60

Welcome to the forum.

I see Xantrex's customer service is maintaining its stellar standards. :roll:

I take it you are looking for a schematic of the internal components so that you can attempt a repair?

Take this old technician's advice and don't bother. Get a new controller. You're in the UK, so you might want to look at the Victron line or possibly consider a MidNite? Not knowing the exact system it's difficult to say what would be best for you.

In Xantrex's defense I have to say it is not normal for a C60 to fail; they are generally quite dependable. As such you should take a careful look at everything else and make sure there isn't a different problem or some underlying cause for the failure.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Zantrex c60

additionally, know that none of the manufacturers that i can think of off hand will give you a schematic. most companies will allow for service to a product of theirs if the product is not too old as in parts no longer available. the c line has been around a long time and i guess they are still using the same parts, but then again i'm not privy to their inside info either. if they refused to fix it and you gave them no indications of it being too old or no other reasonable reasoning for not fixing it then that tells you something. even if they did offer to look at it and could fix it, do know it would be labor rates that could be a deal killer.
  • rich
    rich Solar Expert Posts: 62 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Xantrex c60
    adrian wrote: »
    Having tried in vain with Schneider and Xantrex does any one have even a rough diagram that they would be willing to part with i had my one imported from the us and its failed and the company are not interested in helping in any way . any thought or ideas would be grateful .
    Down the road I will be upgrading my system, I will NOT be purchasing any xantrex equipment...costumer support is as or more important than any other part of a transaction, long or short term...thanx for narrowing down my choices.