Skystream Parts

cgerke
cgerke Registered Users Posts: 2
With SWWP out of business, it seems to me that a lot of people will be looking for SkyStream 3.7 parts. If anyone knows where we can find parts, please put up a post. I need a set of blades if anyone has a set for sale. I also have a separate complete unit (minus blades) that I will part out.

Comments

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Skystream Parts

I would just drive around until I saw another skystream up in the air not spinning and go ask the owner if he wants to get rid of it, cheap.

I seem to see a lot of those.
  • cgerke
    cgerke Registered Users Posts: 2

I think we will see a lot more in the future.
  • Cheyennewind1
    Cheyennewind1 Registered Users Posts: 3

We are WyCO Wind and Solar. We are located in Cheyenne, WY -- we do have some parts. We currently stock new brush sets and new bearings (check ebay listings). We are presently working on obtaining blades for the Skystream 3.7 Wind Turbines. You can reach us at 307-286-0484, we also service Skystreams both locally and you can ship your turbines to our shop. www.wycowindandsolar.com Thanks!
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Before anyone complains about the advertising, I think we should allow this as the nature of it is to be helpful to those with SWWP turbines.

Such postings will not be allowed as routine, and moderators should be consulted before anyone makes such a post.
  • Powers
    Powers Solar Expert Posts: 36

Hello,

NTP Wind Power Chicago will be providing full upgrade / retrofits for the Skystream 3.7 worldwide.
    Please see our website for details.
    www.ntpwind.com

Thank you,

Charles Spoto

NTP Wind Power Inc can be reached by phone, fax, and e-mail.
    Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
    Email; ntp@ntpwind.com
    WWW.NTPWIND.COM
    Fax Number (815) 568-8478
    24-Hour Cell / Int Charles Spoto 815-345-1931
  • fcfcfc
    fcfcfc Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi: I obtained 1 full Skystream unit and a half of another when a dealer was dropping their line last year. I re-engineered the unit with a downstream inverter (Long story) and also re-engineered it aerodynamically for my low wind area. Anyway, if you are interested in what I did and still doing, there are two vids of the unit working out on Liveleak.com, links below. I only mention this for people who are stuck with non working SS 3.7's. There is another way to "skin the cat" and get far more out of them. If you want all the details, go to www.WeAreSolar.com and look under "My Solar Home", then "Wind". I don't sell turbines BTW. There are great aspects to the SS3.7's, it just that the way they did it put some sub standard engineering out there....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=49f_1366508512
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e40_1365106390

.....Bill
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

I gather you are not worried about damage to your PV's as they are on the ground right beside the turbine...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    I gather you are not worried about damage to your PV's as they are on the ground right beside the turbine...

I think that is just the test stand. The regular mount is farther away (but still pretty low).

fcfcfc: Do you just not need more power, or have you measured the increase in wind speed and reduction in turbulence from a taller tower and decided that you just did not need it?

With the blade tips 2' off the ground the turbulence must be pretty bad.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • fcfcfc
    fcfcfc Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi: The current location is just a test stand. Real final height will be 38' to the hub. The real mounting pole does not exist yet. I will pour that concrete when I pour the last 3 PV tracker pole locations. The PV on the ground is temp as well until I finish the PV tracking frames to be mounted on the 6 PV tracker poles. Total yearly generation when all is completed should be about 16 Mega watt hrs...

.....Bill
  • dannotnats
    dannotnats Registered Users Posts: 1
    cgerke wrote: »
    With SWWP out of business, it seems to me that a lot of people will be looking for SkyStream 3.7 parts. If anyone knows where we can find parts, please put up a post. I need a set of blades if anyone has a set for sale. I also have a separate complete unit (minus blades) that I will part out.

Hi... My name is Dan Stanton ... Business Development for XZERES. XZERES recently bought Southwest Wind Power. We do have SkyStream 3.7 parts as well as new products. Let us know if you have any needs. We will respond promptly. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Dan
    Business Development
    XZERES Energy
    9025 SW Hillman Court
    Suite 3126
    Wilsonville, OR 97070
    Cell: 503 267-3238
    Direct: 503-388-7365
    dstanton@xzeres.com
    www.xzeres.com
    www.xzeresenergy.com

Manufacturer and Distributor of XZERES Energy Products
    "XZERES Machines for Serious Power
  • Cariboocoot

Dan;

Welcome to the forum.

Since you are offering parts for the turbines in question we will let this post stand. I'm saying that before anyone complains about it being 'advertising'. I did, however, remove the stock trading reference to eliminate any issues with soliciting investment.

And of course the usual disclaimer that this should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation by our host NAWS or the forum.

And the usual warning that any dissatisfaction with this or any other turbine company is not going to be a topic for flame wars on the forum.

It is unfortunate that I have to make such statements, but there have been problems with several companies in this respect and we don't want to go through that again.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

being somebody here asked for the parts you can leave the post here, but in all fairness to others who may be looking for those parts, i ask that it also be posted to the for sale thread,
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?16275-For-Sale-Thread
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    i ask that it also be posted to the for sale thread

The 'For Sale' thread prohibits commercial sales. Dan, as a representative of Xzeres Energy, has provided very valuable information in this thread. He informed us that Xzeres has purchased Southwest Wind Power. He did so without shilling his wares. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

if the parts are still being manufactured then i agree it should not go to the for sale thread, but in the case of discontinued parts then i think we can make an exception if the other mods agree.
  • Cariboocoot

I'm going to lock this thread now as there really isn't any more help we can give Skystream owners on this, it is outside of the jurisdiction of the forum, NAWS does not handle this equipment, and we've had a bit of trouble with someone trying to shove advertising in here.
This discussion has been closed.