Arizona Public Service Now on the Attack Against Net-Metering

2»

Comments

• Dashadeaux
    Dashadeaux Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Re: Arizona Public Service Now on the Attack Against Net-Metering

Apparently Don Brandt doesn't read his own web site! Today I visited the new APS site and found this in their rate plan comparison section. Following is the total text of their "Renewable Energy Plans"...

"get credit for unused energy
    Using solar energy? We offer 2 buy-back rates for the solar energy you don’t use.

epr-6 net metering
    Generate a portion of your own energy and you’ll buy less energy from us, reducing your monthly energy costs and benefiting us, too. We’ll credit your account for the power you don’t use in kWh each billing cycle. We’ll also pay you on a cents/kWh basis for any credits that remain at the end of the year or when service ends.

epr-2 net billing
    We’ll credit your account on a cents/kWh basis for any excess kWhs your system produces that are sent back to our grid. The credit/kWh is based on the standard purchase rate."
  • Dashadeaux
    Dashadeaux Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭

Since my last post, I find that virtually all of the online PDF documents describing the APS "Renewable Energy Standard" (RES) have expired and are no longer viewable. If anyone needs an alarm, this is it!

I am also having trouble finding a viewable "Credit Purchase Agreement" or "Assignment Agreement" (for those leasing solar). This is quite ominous.
  • Ian S
    Ian S Solar Expert Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Dashadeaux wrote: »
    Since my last post, I find that virtually all of the online PDF documents describing the APS "Renewable Energy Standard" (RES) have expired and are no longer viewable. If anyone needs an alarm, this is it!

I am also having trouble finding a viewable "Credit Purchase Agreement" or "Assignment Agreement" (for those leasing solar). This is quite ominous.
    Considering APS hasn't changed their website for years, it's a rather amazing coincidence that the very day the op-ed piece comes out, the website goes down for revamping and documents disappear. (donning my tinfoil hat LOL!)
  • Mike at Energy Commission
    Mike at Energy Commission Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭
    ggunn wrote: »
    While it is true that many minds are working on the problem of utility-scale electrical storage, to date a technology promising anything close to cost effectiveness remains elusive. It is the single largest impediment to the implementation of truly large scale wind and solar onto the grid.
    why not consider the other direction, an emphasis on netzero buildings? Utilize options like the Emerge Alliance Standards, conservation and push for more efficient and cheaper small scale storage, microgrids and solar gardens.
  • Mike at Energy Commission
    Mike at Energy Commission Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭

one thing that gets me about the AZ paradigm is the SRP public relations campaign for their "Community Choice" program. To me it appears deceptive to use the words "Community Choice" because of the Community Choice Aggregation movement that is emerging, which allows true choice and community owned energy districts. I can see it now someone approaches the ACC and propose a true CCA and they will respond, we already have that. Some of the PR campaigns are beyond belief, SunZia being almost criminal, they need to build a 500 mile twin 250' tall towers transmission line so they can transmit clean energy to the Phoenix area! Imagine if the ACC approves that.