Air-o-power Trillium 5k Grid-tie

Todd A.
Todd A. Registered Users Posts: 1
I need the installation instructions for the Air-o-Power model Trillium 5,Air-o-Power Trillium 16m Tilt-up Guyed Tower,Air-o-Power Overvoltage / Overspeed Load Dumping Safety Panel,Air-O-Power Trillium 250-310 VDC MPPT Output Turbine Controller,SMA Windy Boy 6000u

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Air-o-power Trillium 5k Grid-tie

Just out of curiosity, is this a "new" turbine from a presently in business--Or was this a kit that has sat around for a few years?

We had a couple of posts from 4-5 years ago--And back then, the local distributor went out of business (I believe):

Thread: air-o-power 2KW

Air-O-Power 10K needs help.

The second thread with the 10kW unit, the person still is registered--Perhaps you can send a private message and see if any they have any documentation that may be useful for you...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BB.
    Re: Air-o-power Trillium 5k Grid-tie

There is also a presentation here:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=22918320

Where there are some excepts of Air-o-Power documentation (towards the end). It appears the authors (contact information on last page) put up a pair of 5kW Trillium turbines.

Good Luck,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • dgm1214
    dgm1214 Registered Users Posts: 1
    wanting to know more about the air-o-power 5kw, as I have an old one now. it has 4 red wires, 2 black, 1 grey wire coming from it. my other wind generators only have three wires. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks Dennis
  • BB.
    Welcome to the forum DGM1214,

From reading one of the old posts here, it sounds like that turbine might have "active" pointing (uses motor and gears with wind direction sensor to point into the wind)... So you would need to have their controller (or make your own) to use the turbine(?). (pure guesses on my part here)

Otherwise, there appears to zero foot print for the company (last/only press mention was 2007 article--Just the company name, no contact information or reviews).

Which brings up the question--Why would you want to spend the time and money trying to get this turbine "flying" with zero documentation or sources of parts?

At this point--If the turbine is otherwise "interesting" (appears to have good mechanical structure, good electrical), pull it open and start converting to something that works for you?

-Bill