How to connect 2kw solar panels to 360vdc solar inverter using 24V or 48V MPPT

I have 250Wx8 Solar panels.
And I have solar inverter which operates at 100VDC-500VDC.
I have 24V battery bank of 500AMPH.
And a FLEXmax 60 MPPT.
I am not able to understand how to make connection of all thee, because when I achieve 100VDC from panels then my inverter operates but it is very high voltage for batteries to charge. I want to connect batteries also in my system for a normal backup time.

Please tell me how should I make connection of all these components that all working.

Comments

• offgrid me
    offgrid me Solar Expert Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Re: How to connect 2kw solar panels to 360vdc solar inverter using 24V or 48V MPPT

You can not. It sounds like you have a grid tied inverter that you want to use off grid. This will not work with battery power. You need a hybrid inverter charger (xanterx) that will work with your batteries. The problem is that grid tied inverters usually work with high voltage panel layouts, and battery off grid systems usually operate with much lower panel voltages.
    Ned
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Re: How to connect 2kw solar panels to 360vdc solar inverter using 24V or 48V MPPT
    thesolenco wrote: »
    I have 250Wx8 Solar panels.
    And I have solar inverter which operates at 100VDC-500VDC.
    I have 24V battery bank of 500AMPH.
    And a FLEXmax 60 MPPT.
    I am not able to understand how to make connection of all thee, because when I achieve 100VDC from panels then my inverter operates but it is very high voltage for batteries to charge. I want to connect batteries also in my system for a normal backup time.

Please tell me how should I make connection of all these components that all working.
    Are you trying to use a grid tied inverter in a battery backup or off grid system? It won't work. The inverter in such a system needs to be able to invert DC at battery voltage.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

some inverters can do off grid as well as grid tie so please state what inverter you have.

i also don't think you should've bought anything unless you knew what you were doing or had gotten good advice first.