Paperwork: Dragging The Adoption of Home Solar Power Systems

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
The average retail* price of home solar power systems is higher in the United States than what it is in other countries that have been significant adopters of solar power. *This prompts the question, why? While the tariffs imposed on Chinese solar panels in 2012, and the difficulty of installing solar panels on some common [...] The post Paperwork: Dragging The Adoption of Home Solar Power Systems appeared first on Solar Feeds.

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>> solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=1_HjztlUVYE:mikgGIyfhMc:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=1_HjztlUVYE:mikgGIyfhMc:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
1_HjztlUVYE

More...

Comments

• solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Paperwork: Dragging The Adoption of Home Solar Power Systems

I just reran my proposal software for a typical 6kW GT system without all the costs for permitting and less overhead costs because we would presumably be doing more jobs and with a lot less paperwork. I get down to $2.25/watt and a 6 year payback (almost 5 actually). That is under $8k net cost after tax or monthly payments $15 less than the projected utility savings.