Honda 2000i generator problem

I'm having trouble with my Honda 2000i. I've just cleaned the carburettor and cleared the jets and it starts fine, but the engine runs at top speed. It seems that the eco throttle doesn't kick in. I didn't have to disturb the eco throttle mechanism when I cleaned the carb. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dennis in Las Vegas

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Honda 2000i generator problem
    lvbrits wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my Honda 2000i. I've just cleaned the carburettor and cleared the jets and it starts fine, but the engine runs at top speed. It seems that the eco throttle doesn't kick in. I didn't have to disturb the eco throttle mechanism when I cleaned the carb. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dennis in Las Vegas

Have you confirmed that the throttle plate moves smoothly, that it is still connected to the original linkage, and that there are no limit screws that have gotten moved? It may be possible to re-install the carburetor with a linkage element set on the wrong side of another component.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • mtdoc
    mtdoc Solar Expert Posts: 600 ✭✭
    inetdog wrote: »
    Have you confirmed that the throttle plate moves smoothly, that it is still connected to the original linkage, and that there are no limit screws that have gotten moved? It may be possible to re-install the carburetor with a linkage element set on the wrong side of another component.

Yep. Did that when I was a kid on my dirt bike. Put it back together. Kickstarted it and off it took down the street , full wide open throttle with me holding on for dear life. I had to lay it down. Ouch. I still have the scar on my knee to remind me

Don't straddle that Honda till you get the throttle figured out. :p

BTW - if you still are having problems after trying the above - post your question to the Honda EU2000 Yahoo group. It a very active board with lots of knowledgable people there.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

I believe there is a little servo that controls the throttle in Eco mode. (I may be confusing it ith another inverter genny however!) check to see if the servo move. The question might be, is it running "full throttle" or just running full RPM? A different perscription,

Tony
  • Bushtrekker
    Bushtrekker Registered Users Posts: 2
    My EU2000 has been real good to me, but lately it has be sticky switching from eco to full run or back to eco.  Like switch acting up because it is inconsistent