Your system, after you're gone...

2»

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Your system, after you're gone...

Dan, where is the key to the cellar? Your heirs will want to know that for sure...:D

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

vtmaps,
    i was not implying anything on your part as i was speaking of myself. i fear that you will have your system fall apart and fail if she can't grasp what it is that you have there and how to utilize and maintain it.

the insurance idea has merit and the widow could then bring utility power to the house or move and moving may be the easiest thing. if they move they could sell the place and it won't take as much money to buy another being some profit will be made with the sale of the first home while still having a life insurance policy that could also have covered the move. this still seems weird talking about all of this.
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

Dan, where is the key to the shop!?

Ralph
  • DanS26
    DanS26 Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    Dan, where is the key to the cellar? Your heirs will want to know that for sure...:D

Wine cellar is not locked. Here's a pic right after being built. It will hold over 400+ bottles.
    23.16kW Kyocera panels; 2 Fronius 7.5kW inverters; Nyle hot water; Steffes ETS; Great Lakes RO; Generac 10kW w/ATS, TED Pro System monitoring
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like honeycomb for bees that you'd never want to meet!

Ralph
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    DanS26 wrote: »
    Wine cellar is not locked. Here's a pic right after being built. It will hold over 400+ bottles.

Is that "can hold" (wishful thinking) or "will hold"? :-)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

that depends on how thirsty he is.:p
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Dan's # is about right.... My cellar (basement corners) holds/stocks between 1 and 2 bottles for each day of the year (I make my own from the raw grapes in the vineyard and on) so there is enough to age some batches that show long term promise (sorry NIGTOMDAW), the rest becomes Vin de Table. One also need stock for company-over nights.... I'm somewhat envious of the nice look and temp moderating capabilities of this old drain tiles... good on ya Dan.

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    ...I'm somewhat envious of the nice look and temp moderating capabilities of this old drain tiles... good on ya Dan.
    Unless I am missing something, I think those are purpose built tiles for the use, since they are hexagonal on the outside and round on the inside. You could use actual drain tiles, with or without spacers on the ends, but they would not look as nice. :(
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭

If I could get the keys to the wine celler, I may not care for awhile what happens to the electric or even notice if I'm gone.
    cheers
    gww
  • DanS26
    DanS26 Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    inetdog wrote: »
    Unless I am missing something, I think those are purpose built tiles for the use, since they are hexagonal on the outside and round on the inside. You could use actual drain tiles, with or without spacers on the ends, but they would not look as nice. :(

Good observation. Those tiles are special purpose built for a rustic looking wine cellar. And yes the thermal moderating properties are fantastic. Wine can handle a certain amount of temperature change, but the greatest danger to long term wine storage is vibration. That's why a cellar or masonry room are much better than temp controlled wine coolers situated on wood joists such as found in most kitchens.

That being said, the greatest danger to my wine storage is keeping my grubby hands off the stuff until its ready to drink.
    23.16kW Kyocera panels; 2 Fronius 7.5kW inverters; Nyle hot water; Steffes ETS; Great Lakes RO; Generac 10kW w/ATS, TED Pro System monitoring