I blew up (and repaired) my chinese grid tie inverter.

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: I blew up (and repaired) my chinese grid tie inverter.

Nice pictures, but if it gives anybody the impression that you can get away with using a non-wind-turbine inverter with a wind-turbine or that this type of plug-in Grid Tie inverter is legal for use in the US, it is doing them a disservice.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • drew4justice
    drew4justice Solar Expert Posts: 36
    Re: I blew up (and repaired) my chinese grid tie inverter.
    inetdog wrote: »
    Nice pictures, but if it gives anybody the impression that you can get away with using a non-wind-turbine inverter with a wind-turbine or that this type of plug-in Grid Tie inverter is legal for use in the US, it is doing them a disservice.

Thanks for your reply. I agree, and it also shows what junk these are. If it gives anyone the impression that it's not worth buying, then that's great. And, I'm here to say, "Don't do it." However, I don't believe my video shows me "getting away" with anything. It was a complete failure.

OTOH, I hope my video encourages anyone who might get the impression that if they have the basic skills, understanding, and confidence to repair their own equipment instead of paying someone else or tossing into the land fill. Perhaps it will spark a persons interest to gain basic electronic knowledge and experiment on one's own. That would be fantastic.

Drew