Windmax vs. HY-Energy (Guangzhou HY-Energy Limited) - Confusion

Beekeeper
Beekeeper Registered Users Posts: 3
I'm very new to the small wind turbine world and have spent a little time reading published material and comments on the internet about wind turbine manufacturers. Needless to say, there are a lot of opinions floating around turbine manufacturers. My interests as of late have been on the so-called HY-XXXX series of turbines. It seems (appears) that 2 companies have both chosen to use the same name for a product called the HY-1000. However, these two products appear not to be based on the same design, manufacturing processes or shared technology. These companies are Windmax and Guangzhou.

On this forum, it seems that posters use the HY-XXXX name often, but don't indicate the actual manufacturer's name. It also appears that one manufacturer's HY-XXXX is preferred over the other.

Assuming that I'm correct in these assumptions, would someone please help me understand the technical differences between the HY-1000s produced by Windmax and those produced by Guangzhou ?

Perhaps, I've got this all wrong. If that's the case, please straighten me out if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• keyturbocars
    keyturbocars Solar Expert Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Re: Windmax vs. HY-Energy (Guangzhou HY-Energy Limited) - Confusion

Windmax is only a dealer that sells HY wind turbines. Windmax doesn't actually produce any turbines themselves. They are simply a reseller. They sell some of the HY turbines, but not everything they sell is from HY Energy. There is a Windmax V20 wind turbine that is not a HY turbine and has been proven to be very poor quality. Most people (including myself) that have owned HY wind turbines have had good experiences with them. There will always be exceptions and even a good wind turbine manufacturer can have a bad unit, but overall the people who have actually owned HY turbines seem to have good experiences. I know that I have had a good experience with my HY-2000 over the past 2.5 years.
  • Beekeeper
    Beekeeper Registered Users Posts: 3

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and straighten me out. I appreciate your taking the time to do so.
  • keyturbocars
    keyturbocars Solar Expert Posts: 375 ✭✭

No problem. There are a lot of uncertainties when it comes to wind turbines. Apparently, some people have had problems with some of the smaller HY wind turbines, but I have nothing but good things to say about my larger HY-2000 wind turbine.