ramsund sun ray pure sine wave inverters

Options
mahendra
mahendra Solar Expert Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
hi i have been looking for a good quality pure sine wave inverter around and have been veiwing some but have no idea on the ramsund sun ray 3000w pure sine wave inverters.Are they any good or just chinese junk? if yes Can any one recommend a good quality one around that wattage .thank you.

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: ramsund sun ray pure sine wave inverters

Mahendra, where are you located?. location will affect the recommendation.

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i never heard of that inverter so i can't make a comment on it one way or another. not sure what electrical standards you are looking for in guyana, 230vac 50hz or 120/240vac 60hz?
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.ramsond.com/proddetail.php?prod=sunray3000-12-V-DC-115V-AC
    6000 watt surge @ 12 volts - - 500 amps on 12 volts. Pretty heavy stuff for 12 volts!
    Certainly not impressed with the wind turbine shown on their home page.
  • niel
    Options
    http://www.ramsond.com/proddetail.php?prod=sunray3000-12-V-DC-115V-AC
    6000 watt surge @ 12 volts - - 500 amps on 12 volts. Pretty heavy stuff for 12 volts!

agreed as that is quite a bit to expect of 12vdc, but they have a 24vdc model as well and it would be better to use that than 12v for that kind of power drawn. it looks kind of neat, but that still doesn't say how well it may operate or for how long being i'm unfamiliar with it.
  • mahendra
    Options

i am located in guyana we use 120v ac ,and mostly 12v battery system mainly because of cost
  • mahendra
    Options

of course we are off grid while we enjoy a minimum of 6hours sun light and up to 7.5 -8 maximum
  • niel
    Options

if you only opt to go with a single 12v battery you will find you will come far short of being able to supply any appreciable power as the battery will be overly taxed and bog down in voltage. you could parallel 12v batteries, but then you could put 2 in series then just as easily and even then you will be quite a bit shy of providing enough for a 3kw inverter. just because the inverter is rated to provide that much power does not mean you can draw it out of any battery. batteries do cost, but you are not going to get around this. if you don't need 3kw then get a smaller inverter to save a few bucks there and apply more to the batteries.
  • mahendra
    Options

actually my system is 2 conergy 235w in series on a classic 150 ,conergy specs are:vmp=29.44,imp=8.02 ,voc=37.21 and 2 sunwize 180w on a morning star mppt 45.Sunwize panels specs:vmp=36v,imp=5.0,voc=44.0 in series on a morning star mppt 45.All running on 4 upg 200ah agm battery in parallel totalling to 800ah (those available from NAWS) and a xantrez prowatts sw 2000 , iusually use these not lower that 50% dod.How ever i have a single tub washer/dryers that i dont like to run on the prowatts so have been looking for a slightly larger inverter to handle the whole cabin with out have to use two separate inverters. the system supplies my daily needs except for rainy days, planing to get an air 30 or 40 to solve that problem.the other thing too is that i need an inverter with hard wiring as the washer/dryer does not respond well with extension cord and i am not in the habit of starting a fire plus the manual on the washer clearly state not to use extension cords. the cabin is wired to run of a single inverter with a main distribution panel
  • mahendra
    Options

i like the xantrex sw 3012 new generation inverter ,however i don have use for some of the features on it i.e charger,genstart and transfer switch and i think all those features take the price beyond my financial capabilities.
  • niel
    Options

ok, well if you get the ramsund to replace the other then please consider rewiring for the 24v version as this would pose less system losses and would be able to deliver the higher power levels better. in any case let us know how well it did for you should you purchase it.