Xantrex string sizing

Options
Hamfast
Hamfast Solar Expert Posts: 44
Does anybody know how to access the string sizing tool from Zantrex (Schnieder) ? Thanx...:)

Off Grid System; 2175W array; 370ah @ 48v (8 L16 Scrubbers in series); XW MPPT60-150 CC; OutBack VFX3648, FlexNet and Mate

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex string sizing

Hi Ham ..,

Well, the difficulty in finding sizing tools tells you very much about our friends at Schneider Electric. They do not seem to want our business.

When one is unlucky enough to become one of their customers they ignore you at the very best, and so on.

Tried to Search for an SE Sizing tool, but got a provider error after twice accepting all of their Leagaleeeeessssseeeeee. Then, while trying to write this post, got two "How Are We Doing Questonaires", the third question of which was impossible to answer, and blocked proceeding (it asked about the location, when NA was selected, there was no pull-down in the menu, and an answer was required ... another fine Schneider Software implementation! Would have loved to sent my delight with the "Proveder Error", but alas, no.

If you can AVOID Schneider, IMHO, you should at all cost - speaking from personal experience.

It can help if you actually know, and specify the product model number of the product for which you are trying to size strings. For ex, " Schneider gt 3.0 string size tool " or similar.

Their site is the absolute worst in this Galaxy. Could not have been made any worse if they tried, and they are trying, very trying.

OOOOpppppsss, Too much Holiday Attitude. Good Luck!! Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And, Ham ..,

You may try poking around in this thread and the links it contains:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?9085-Xantrex-Schneider-GT-sizing-tool-is-missing

The second link in the second post still gives ME the SQL error, but perhaps they just do not like me, or perhaps my MS SW. God Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vic wrote: »
    And, Ham ..,

You may try poking around in this thread and the links it contains:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?9085-Xantrex-Schneider-GT-sizing-tool-is-missing

The second link in the second post still gives ME the SQL error, but perhaps they just do not like me, or perhaps my MS SW. God Luck, Vic

No combination of the links or crawling the website seems to get anything but either the database server error or a 404. Their website is screwed up. (Possibly they moved their static content and forgot to move the sizing tools at the same time?)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Hamfast
    Options

Thanx Vic... :) I dug into the forums here before I posted; I get the same result.

Off Grid System; 2175W array; 370ah @ 48v (8 L16 Scrubbers in series); XW MPPT60-150 CC; OutBack VFX3648, FlexNet and Mate

• Hamfast
    Options

Hey Dog...Just called Schnieder. Wonder of Wonders...They're not working the same day I'm not..:)

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hamfast wrote: »
    Hey Dog...Just called Schnieder. Wonder of Wonders...They're not working the same day I'm not..:)
    Yes, but their customer support does not seem to be working very well the rest of the year either. :-)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.