Must See Solar TV

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
Most mainstream media coverage of the solar industry during the past year hasn’t been too positive thanks to Solyndra.*However, last night the solar industry was portrayed in a very positive light on 2 different shows that are both synonymous with groundbreaking television. The first was a segment*on 60 Minutes*about the upcoming attempt by the Solar Impulse project to fly a solar-powered plane nonstop around the world. Call me biased but I...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=0UTW_JQMf-k:XpdKYj91OrA:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=0UTW_JQMf-k:XpdKYj91OrA:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
0UTW_JQMf-k

More...

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Must See Solar TV
    RSSfeed wrote: »
    Most mainstream media coverage of the solar industry during the past year hasn’t been too positive thanks to Solyndra.*However, last night the solar industry was portrayed in a very positive light on 2 different shows that are both synonymous with groundbreaking television. The first was a segment*on 60 Minutes*about the upcoming attempt by the Solar Impulse project to fly a solar-powered plane nonstop around the world. Call me biased but I...

I saw the 60 minutes segment, and I think it represented the Solar Impulse project accurately and did not make any generalizations to gee-whiz solar power for other applications.
    Well worth watching. The part I liked most was that for weight reduction, the flexible solar panels were not attached to the wing covering. They WERE the wing covering.

Also that one of the partners in the enterprise was so upset by finishing his around the world balloon flight with ~20 kilos of LPG left out of the 4 tons that he started with that he vowed to find a way to do it without fuel.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.