NTP Wind Power Variable Pitch HAWT

Hello,

Please check out our 100 % US made wind turbines.

www.ntpwind.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5u98Qm7eaM

Thank you,
Charles Spoto

NTP Wind Power Inc can be reached by phone, fax, and e-mail.
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
Email; ntp@ntpwind.com
WWW.NTPWIND.COM
Fax Number (815) 568-8478
24-Hour Cell / Int Charles Spoto 815-345-1931

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: NTP Wind Power Variable Pitch HAWT

I have moved this post to its own thread... "Powers" has posted a link to their variable pitch horizontal axis wind turbine which (according to the spec. sheets) will limit turbine RPM above ~27 MPH (will keep generating in higher wind speeds without shutting down/furling/braking).

If anyone has questions or experience with this turbine--Please feel free to post.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    BB. wrote: »
    I have moved this post to its own thread... "Powers" has posted a link to their variable pitch horizontal axis wind turbine which (according to the spec. sheets) will limit turbine RPM above ~27 MPH (will keep generating in higher wind speeds without shutting down/furling/braking).

If anyone has questions or experience with this turbine--Please feel free to post.

-Bill

I like that the video shows the turbine mounted on a tall enough tower to be "real". But just look at the wind speed as shown by the motion of the treetops.
    You still need a good wind survey to decide whether to install a turbine or not.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Powers
    Powers Solar Expert Posts: 36

The hub is at 65'. This is a customers site in NW Illinois. This site is one of our original test sites. We like this site for testing because it has trees that tower up to10 feet below the hub to the N and NW. This site is full open to S/E, S/W and S.
    As a test site the North winds cause the mil to hunt adding extra load and fatigue. After one year, this extra load hasn't caused any issue.
  • Windy
    Windy Registered Users Posts: 18

It looks a lot like Windspot wind turbine