BB's 15,000+ posts!! Thanks Bill

Surfpath
Surfpath Solar Expert Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
Don't know if anyone has commented on it but I just noticed BB's 15,000th milestone.

It's probably appropriate to post this in the "Solar Beginners" corner considering the amount of help Bill has given in this forum, especially to those of us who started out here from scratch.
From one Bill to another........
Attachment not found.
To our most prolific poster, thank you.;)

And thanks to all the other frequent and experienced posters out there. We appreciate the guidance. NAWS is a great community.
-SP
Outback Flexpower 1 (FM80, VFX3048E-230v, Mate, FlexNetDC) 2,730watts of "Grid-type" PV, 370 AmpHrs Trojan RE-B's, Honda 2000 watt genny, 100% off grid.

Comments

• Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: BB's 15,000+ posts!! Thanks Bill

Agreed 100% to above post. Learned a heck of a lot. Thanks BB and all others!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I learned a lot from all you folks too.

Thank you,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • H2SO4_guy
    H2SO4_guy Solar Expert Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

Thanks for all you have done to help out so many here. I tend to come up with some off-the-wall options and Bill, you always stay grounded in the reality of physics! Like years ago how it is not the best idea to use a UPS as an inverter full time, even if it is a pure sine wave. Or the latest 2 volt jars of 600 AH (@ 8 hr rate) which are working great as 2 strings of 12 volts, just didn't get enough to make a 48 volt string. These things net at 18 cents per pound, which is the difference of what I pay for them and what I can sell them back for. Hope they really do get the 2 semi trailers of stationary batteries they plan on getting.

I do pay attention to your posts and many ideas have been formed in the current system thanks to you. I am doing my build on the cheap from Craigs List, ebay, free stuff, and bargains. It does help that where I am at there is no zoning, no building codes, and no code Nazi's. Plunking down a pile of money just isn't an option and I wanted to thank you and everyone else who helps out, Niel has helped my many times over the years too.

Skip
    12K asst panels charging through Midnite Classic 150's, powering Exeltechs and Outback VFX-3648 inverter at 12 and 48 volts.  2080 AH @ 48 VDC of Panasonic Stationary batteries (2 strings of 1040 AH each) purchased for slightly over scrap, installed August 2013.  Outback PSX-240X for 220 volt duties.  No genny usage since 2014. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Thanks to everyone who posts here, including my co-moderators and our hosts at NAWS, and Windsun who does all of the background stuff to keep the forum running.

Anyway--Back to reading the posts.

Take care,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭

Truely!

Thanks Bill!

You are a true inspiration. I've found myself thinking of all the hours you have spent providing all of your extremely valuable input. It has helped find me the patience to persevere through some long and unpaid phone calls from people seeking advice for more than just quick question.

-Alex
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

yes, bill has done allot in a short period of time and is an asset to the forum.

i might say that there were many posts that weren't recognized by some of the earlier posters due to bbs changes that did not carry over the count to the new bbs-es. there was a time when i had more than 50% of the posts and i think it may have been around 2005. this loss in count applies to all who posted early on and not just moderators as their post counts went by the wayside. if i had to guess my lost count would've been in the 4000-5000 post range all total, which is still far short of bill.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I am much more impressed by the high quality of Bill's posts than the high number. Thanks to NAWS and all the mods. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    vtmaps wrote: »
    Personally, I am much more impressed by the high quality of Bill's posts than the high number. Thanks to NAWS and all the mods. --vtMaps

AND the depth of detail Bill provides, way to go BB.

Thanks

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada