need help lyncom controller

I have a lyncom controler model # PV12M it is 10 to 12 years old I lost my manual and I need to know how to change it from a wet cell battery to a sealed.
Thank you David

Comments

• n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭
    Re: need help lyncom controller

Google is you friend !!

www.kyocerasolar.com/pdf/specsheets/lynpv12_m.pdf

Is this it ??

I would fire off an email to Kyocersolar.
  • drandlem
    drandlem Registered Users Posts: 3

thanks I have contacted Kyocersolar. they have no more info and no one in the company knows how to change it over.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i was trying to see if i could make things out on the pdf pic to help you out with, but that is a lousy pic. do you think you could submit to us a better pic or if somebody has a link to a better pick (if not the actual info you need) as it may be helpful in determining that info. morningstar sunsavers have a jumper for this purpose and i'm wondering if the lyncom may be the same for it looks like similar results that a diode would yield.

a external diode of the proper current rating could drop the voltage the needed amount to give you voltages in the ballpark needed for agm style batteries, but the eq function may still engage on the controller and that you don't want. in the meantime play with it as the voltage will be held lower for a charged battery if you come across the correct way of doing it.
  • BobW
    BobW Registered Users Posts: 1
    drandlem wrote: »
    thanks I have contacted Kyocersolar. they have no more info and no one in the company knows how to change it over.

A bit (2 yr) late 8).

I have a 3-page "Operator's Manual" for a Lyncom N-series. It provides the following information to configure for flooded or sealed gel-cell batteries. It may not apply to your controller:

"3. Double check the type of battery that the controller is to be connected to: flooded lead acid battery or the sealed gel-cell battery. The charging voltages are different for the two types of batteries, therefore it is important to set the PV controller to match with the type of battery in use. The battery type selection is achieved by the use of a jumper plug accessible through a round hole in the top end plate of the controller. To set the controller for flooded lead-acid batteries, remove the small jumper plug with needle nose pliers. Do not do anything if you have the sealed gel-cell type battery. The controller is set for this type of battery at the factory."

HTH.

BobW
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Thank you for the information--At least it is now "on file" if anyone else needs the information.

The original poster has not been back for over two years, so they probably will not see this post.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • drandlem
    drandlem Registered Users Posts: 3

Thank you for the information. I have been ill and have not been online for awhile.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Drandlem,

I am very sorry to hear of your health problems... I hope you are better now.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset