Options
2»

Comments

• unicornio
    unicornio Solar Expert Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: genset alternator failure
    stephendv wrote: »
    55 euros is not too bad. What would worry me more is the time it took to get it!

I took time to find the site, I've been trying to get it from the manufacturer ... once I found the site I have the parts shipped in 2 days, as they are serious and work very well ...
    I'm up finding what is broken in the avr is a large electrolytic capacitor, the voltage limit is only 250v ... in the new avr the limit is 450v, and it is a good margin ... is a design fatal error put a 250v capacitor to work at 230v... that is know for any student of electronics, but the chinese save where no have
    stephendv wrote: »
    PS. you probably mean "excited" instead of "horny".... although maybe it gets lonely out there in the mountains of gredos and the only thing keeping you company is a nice sexy chinese diesel, mmmmmmm.
    ;)

Regarding the grotesque comment, the spanish word is "cachondo", I admit that the phrase is disastrous in English... and Spanish too, but that's the point! ..... hehehehe
    means that I like the problems and maybe, I can not to live without them! ....;-)

sexually, if I had to choose, I prefer my husqvarna chainsaw that this so bad chinese genset!!!....hehehehe
    about my company, I have four female Samoyed dogs, 5 cats, some chickens, and a female donkey ... but my girl (Julie) is brunette, tall, slim and very sexy! ....;-)
  • unicornio
    Options
    niel wrote: »
    stephen,
    it was a reference to the horn on the unicorn otherwise i might've been tempted to snip it.

hi, niel,
    you and me have had some comments on the meaning of a sentence, but if you want to joke, translations often fail a lot, but the case is also fun!...;-)
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

as i said, it is either that or it gets edited so even if you intended something else you better let it go at this meaning of it referring to the horn.
  • stephendv
    stephendv Solar Expert Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    Options

Sure sure, it's the horn of the unicorn ;););)
  • mtdoc
    mtdoc Solar Expert Posts: 600 ✭✭
    Options

This kind of reminds me of the novice Spanish speaker who got funny looks when he said "Yo estoy caliente" when he meant to say " Tengo calor".8)
  • stephendv
    stephendv Solar Expert Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    Options
    mtdoc wrote: »
    This kind of reminds me of the novice Spanish speaker who got funny looks when he said "Yo estoy caliente" when he meant to say " Tengo calor".8)

Hehehe. I'm always extra careful that I use the right word when asking for another piece of "pollo" at the dinner table.
  • niel
    Options

ok guys, i know we can run with this and have lots of fun with it, but his post stands and we need not bring anymore attention to this as the thread is about an alternator failure in a genny, so let's not make it a problem.
  • unicornio
    Options

well, well, guys, everything is ok! ... The thread is closed, the genny is working fine, it was the AVR circuit problem, I think the capacitor is gone for his short range voltage (250v against 450v having the new) ...

the thread can be closed, but if anyone needs any information on this subject I am (of course) available for work and help with the solution ... and if I can repair the damaged avr changing the capacitor, will comment on here ...

are attached some pictures of the circuit, sealed with polyester, impossible to replace a component? ... NO! ... The electrolytic capacitor is large, I can cut the capacitor housing with my dremel, careful to keep the two contacts of the capacitor to PCB...I am able to weld and connect another capacitor, although give me much revulsion the fat that are inside the capacitor, I'll do it anyway ... hehehehe

Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

if I can fix it right, I will have three AVR circuits, one working and 2 spare ... great!
    but the best will always be all that I have learned through this winding road! ...!!!...

thanks so much all you guys!...
  • niel
    Options

thread will remain open for we don't like to close threads unless we have to. glad to hear of resolve.