Rice University Scientists Create ‘Solar Steam’

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
In a new twist to the quest to harness the power of the sun, Rice University scientists are using sun power to produce steam from icy cold water. The solar steam method, from Rice’s Laboratory for Nanophotonics, uses light-capturing nanoparticles to convert the sunlight into heat. The inventors of solar steam see the first use of their new technology as being in the sanitation and water purification sector, but believe that it will also have...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=ghrlw9OuIRg:KLPDBiQ2N5U:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=ghrlw9OuIRg:KLPDBiQ2N5U:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
ghrlw9OuIRg

More...

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Rice University Scientists Create ‘Solar Steam’
    RSSfeed wrote: »
    In a new twist to the quest to harness the power of the sun, Rice University scientists are using sun power to produce steam from icy cold water. The solar steam method, from Rice’s Laboratory for Nanophotonics, uses light-capturing nanoparticles to convert the sunlight into heat. The inventors of solar steam see the first use of their new technology as being in the sanitation and water purification sector, but believe that it will also have...

It boggles the mind. More nano-particles. Somehow, I don't think that the description of nano-particles submerged in cold water but instantly generating steam at their surface quite tells the whole story. Looks like anyone really interested will have to bypass the gee-whiz article and look to the source.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.