Xantrex XW6048 no starting

Options
Dear friend, is very interesting your web site. Fo this reason I write you.
I have a new Xantrex inverter XW6048, 6KW and 48 Vdc.
My battery bank have 50Vdc and all cables are well connect to the inverter, I use a DVM and the voltage is ok, 50.4 Vdc. When I power off the last time the inverter go off normally (some times show F49)
So, my inverter not start, display is off, and in the Schneider electric told me that the inverter need service.
Do you have any comments for that?
Do you have any service manual for this inverter?
The inverter has any RESET buttom or similar?
Thanks for your comments, sincerely
Mr Virgil Silver

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,457 admin
    Options
    Re: Xantrex XW6048 no starting

Mr. Silver,

I am guessing you are in Colombia (South America)?

As far as I know, there is no service/tech manual for any major brand of inverters out there. The factory keeps that information pretty well locked up (even on their models they do not support anymore).

If removing all power (DC/AC) inputs to the XW inverter (for at least a few minutes, you can try up to an hour) does not bring it back up (so you can try a factory reset, and re-enter all of the configuration data)--Then I am not sure there is much we can help you with here.

If you have problems properly recharging the battery bank (to small of solar array, too small of battery bank, even a few problems with too large of solar array with too small of battery bank), we can help you go over your basic configuration--But it probably will not help with your current problem.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • thenderson4
    thenderson4 Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex XW6048 no starting
    Dear friend, is very interesting your web site. Fo this reason I write you.
    I have a new Xantrex inverter XW6048, 6KW and 48 Vdc.
    My battery bank have 50Vdc and all cables are well connect to the inverter, I use a DVM and the voltage is ok, 50.4 Vdc. When I power off the last time the inverter go off normally (some times show F49)
    So, my inverter not start, display is off, and in the Schneider electric told me that the inverter need service.
    Do you have any comments for that?
    Do you have any service manual for this inverter?
    The inverter has any RESET buttom or similar?
    Thanks for your comments, sincerely
    Mr Virgil Silver

Insure you are measuring for voltage on the studs (connecting bolts) underneath (bottom) of inverter. Is there a Control Panel connected to this inverter?
    In some locations where the Grid voltage coming into the inverter is too great, the inverter will shut down from over voltage. Without knowing if this inverter is tied to the Grid it is hard to say if this is the case. If this is the case, (incoming voltage from grid being too high, you will have to re-program it to run in the "Invert" mode, not the "Grid Support" mode.