Out Of Stock Kyocera KD140GX-LPU

King
King Registered Users Posts: 15
On The Out Of Stock Kyocera KD140GX-LPU

Will it ever be stocked again?

Can a Kyocera KD140GX-LPU 140 Watt 12 Volt Solar Module be used or combined in parallel with the Kyocera KD140GX-LFBS 140 Watt 12 Volt Solar Module that is in stock? Or a Kyocera Solar KD140SX-UFBS ?

Thanks

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Out Of Stock Kyocera KD140GX-LPU

Yes; electrically they are the same. Differences are in the frame and junction box. They are also virtually identical to the 135 Watt versions that came before; a minor design change yielded another 5 Watts of power.
  • King

Thank You So Much Sir. Any Idea on the Kyocera KD140GX-LPU being re-stocked? I already bought one and would like to match them.
  • Cariboocoot
    King wrote: »
    Thank You So Much Sir. Any Idea on the Kyocera KD140GX-LPU being re-stocked? I already bought one and would like to match them.

Sorry; we moderators don't have anything to do with NAWS, only the forum. You could ask them directly if they have an expected restock date.
  • King

Yes I called them last week and they didnt seem too sure is the basic idea I got. But I kinda asked them more about the larger panels so I might have misunderstood. I will call them again and wait until next week and see if they get restocked otherwise I will just use the Kyocera KD140GX-LFBS's. I am thinking of getting a exeltech 1100 12 volt inverter too with the order. I have a paypal sending limit of 2k a year and I want to spread the cost of this stuff over time. I am hoping the Exceltech 1100 will handle some small appliances. They a good pure sine inverter?
  • Cariboocoot

There are some forum members who have Exeltech inverters and are quite happy with them. They have a good reputation for dependability and have a good surge rating (2X output power). The oddest thing is the output Voltage being 117 VAC, which is one of the old "standards" for AC line Voltage. There were quite a few "standards" over the years. :D

One thing to remember if using a 12 Volt system is that DC wire sizing and good connections are critical to full power output. At 1100 Watts it will pull approximately 92 Amps so any 'extra' resistance in the wiring will seriously affect performance.
  • King

Thanks for all your help Cariboocoot.
  • unicornio
    unicornio Solar Expert Posts: 217 ✭✭
    King wrote: »
    On The Out Of Stock Kyocera KD140GX-LPU

Will it ever be stocked again?

Can a Kyocera KD140GX-LPU 140 Watt 12 Volt Solar Module be used or combined in parallel with the Kyocera KD140GX-LFBS 140 Watt 12 Volt Solar Module that is in stock? Or a Kyocera Solar KD140SX-UFBS ?

Thanks

is not normal for an old panel to be manufactured again ... but nothing stops that can be associated to a new other...look on the back label: if their current characteristics are similar, may be associated in series, while if its voltage caractiristicas are similar can be associated in parallel ... the more similar are these numbers will most "perfect" their engagement and performance...