Water-less Automated Solar Panel Cleaner

Hello Everyone!

What do you think about this water-less automated solar panel cleaning attachment? Would you be interested in a product like this? Would this be helpful for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbCtjH7XoWM&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Water-less Automated Solar Panel Cleaner

I do not have the bandwidth available to view the video.

However, since panel cleaning is not really the major concern some would have you believe and since washing them off on the occasion needed in the manner of any other piece of glass I'd say it wouldn't be very useful here.

Perhaps for keeping them clear of dust in dry climates where water is in short supply?

Without having seen it, I'll guess it is along the lines of the "California Car Cleaner".
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

I watched the video, it really doesn't tell me much about your process or equipment.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    GEES_LLC wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

What do you think about this water-less automated solar panel cleaning attachment? Would you be interested in a product like this? Would this be helpful for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbCtjH7XoWM&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

From the 60 second video, I would guess that you are doing a market survey to try to convince some investors that this it the next thing, and you do not actually have a product yet!
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Is this a university project?

Not much information in video.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i can do it without water too with one of those swiffer type things or a rag. big deal.