Bill Clinton Thinks Solar is the Future

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
He has only 308 solar panels on the roof of his presidential library, former President Bill Clinton announced at the opening of his Solar Power International 2012 keynote, and he is taking bids to drastically expand. “So if anybody wants...This amazing article Bill Clinton Thinks Solar is the Future appeared first on Solar Feeds.

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=dnPlaQoLS8k:kQa08x2Wjc0:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=dnPlaQoLS8k:kQa08x2Wjc0:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
dnPlaQoLS8k

More...

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Bill Clinton Thinks Solar is the Future

Someone needs to educate Mr. Clinton.
    The first thing that needs to be done with energy is conservation, not further production. His desire to expand to even more panels is indicative of a lack of understanding as to the nature of the whole energy situation, be it solar or otherwise. Cure society's addiction to wasting power and you've solved half the problem right there.
  • mtdoc
    mtdoc Solar Expert Posts: 600 ✭✭
    Options

I bet Mr.Clinton understands the primary importance of conservation/decreased energy use perfectly well. Unfortunately , even though no longer running for office, he is still a very political animal and surely knows that talking about energy conservation and our need to decrease energy consumption is political suicide. Just ask Jimmy Carter....
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone needs to educate Mr. Clinton.
    The first thing that needs to be done with energy is conservation, not further production. His desire to expand to even more panels is indicative of a lack of understanding as to the nature of the whole energy situation, be it solar or otherwise. Cure society's addiction to wasting power and you've solved half the problem right there.
    I think you've taken his remarks out of context. Just because he is in favor of more energy production from solar, that doesn't mean he is against conservation. There is no silver bullet; the sustainable solution to our energy problems (if they are indeed solvable, which is another good question), will be comprised of a mosaic of smaller solutions, including a big dose of making do with less because eventually we will have no choice.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing like doing it backwards. :roll:

Sorry I spoke.
  • Dill
    Dill Solar Expert Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Options

he's just tooting his political horn. Nothing new when it comes to politicians.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing like doing it backwards. :roll:

Sorry I spoke.

I'm not trying to beat you up, honestly, but do you know that he hasn't already done everything we would recommend to seal and insulate the building and replace all the electrical devices with low consumption models before he put solar on? How do you know that he's doing it backwards?