Power Conditioner 1200 ???

silvertop
silvertop Solar Expert Posts: 155 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hay guys someone I work with is looking into this for his house, I looked at there web page and they seem to make BIG claims about lower energy bills, 25% off. I told him not to expect this but I also told him I would throw this thread out for coments:confused:

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Power Conditioner 1200 ???

Yes: it's a scam.
    Correcting power factor on the whole house is not an easy thing as it varies from moment to moment depending what loads are actually running. Simply sticking a big capacity across the AC in does nothing.
    Even if you were to install one of the very expensive reactive PF controllers it wouldn't matter; you get charged for apparent power, not real power. In other words changing th PF of the house won't alter the kW hours on the bill one whit.

This scam has been discussed in its many forms in this section before. Always comes out the same; no go.

Related threads:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?6782-Power-Save-1200-Capacitor
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?6846-Consumer-Power-Factor-Correction-Scams
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?10065-Power-Factor-%C4%B0mprovement
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    ... you get charged for apparent power, not real power. In other words changing th PF of the house won't alter the kW hours on the bill one whit.

I think you meant to say that you get charged for real power, not apparent power...

From another forum (Holt): an authoritative analysis, with references to more.

The link to the short NIST report on that page is broken. You can use http://www.nist.gov/pml/div684/power_121509.cfm instead.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

To get good clean power I use hair conditioner on the cables.. I think if the cables are clean then the power will flow smoothly and disturb the meter less.
  • silvertop
    john p wrote: »
    To get good clean power I use hair conditioner on the cables.. I think if the cables are clean then the power will flow smoothly and disturb the meter less.

What brand conditioner do you recommend?!!!! My wife really likes Neutragena. I think this might work on my mc4 cables up on the roof ,got to go hope I have enough to go around !!!!!!!!:D
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    john p wrote: »

You forgot to allow for the fact that a good conditioner will also contain a detangler. Reputable scientists agree that electrons are normally not slowed down by dirty cables, and in fact they move faster trying to get to a cleaner place like the oven or kitchen stove. This is also why it is important to keep your air conditioner clean!

But when the electron streams cross and they tangle, the effects can be catastrophic.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

But when the electron streams cross and they tangle, the effects can be catastrophic.Enough to make you want to pull your own hair out.?
    I recommend any conditioner that is (a) either on special (b) contains an antidandruff formula as that stops build up of neutrons on the flux capacitor that should be fitted as close to the stove as possible for obvious reasons.
    Look it up in Wicked pea did it.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

"But when the electron streams cross and they tangle, the effects can be catastrophic. "
    You guys should not be making fun of other peoples religious beliefs. :D
    After all, some people are getting quite rich by pushing and promoting those beliefs. :grr
  • silvertop

If its too good to be true......... kind of like small wind........ dont I know:grr
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i heard dipping the wires in oj will give you more juice. i guess if it's sunny d it's made for solar too.:p
  • silvertop

I hear that we might get some rain up here. I hope I'm OK my conditioner only called for a ONE minute rinse:confused:
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    inetdog wrote: »
    ...But when the electron streams cross and they tangle, the effects can be catastrophic.

"There's something very important I forgot to tell you! Don't cross the streams… It would be bad… Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light." Ghostbusters
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is