Canadian Solar Panels

Vic99
Vic99 Registered Users Posts: 16
Anyone know anything about reliability? I've got a quote with the cs6p-240m with enphase microinverters. About 4.5 cents/watt installed for a 6.4 kW system. I feel good about this company, their design, and price. What do you reckon?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:1XLD2UtVHqsJ:www.canadiansolar.com/dl.php?dir%3Ddatasheets%26file%3DCS6P-M_en.pdf+canadian+solar+cs6p-240m&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESid8wAA2SSSgVY0_UFqF9qyv2pSWspAe3XB_9u9XKZduhmekJeBkEV0ohc13qYdape9C5IQTlJbeqdR_0mtMrGMNZgP6PyKSp0ZHQMl1U8KG5Y4TGJ6dbbi7a5QJXApwwi8eXZa&sig=AHIEtbRxPSByU4r3VBU8MsaRO8ZuFu3XGA

Thanks.

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Canadian Solar Panels

I think you must have meant $4.50 installed, I would eat all I could get at $0.045 a watt.installed. I have some Canadian sola panels, so far so good.
  • Vic99
    Vic99 Registered Users Posts: 16

Yes, 4.50 is correct.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the performance Enphase if your in it to make KWH's. It's fiddle free and about the only thing you have to do is look at the Elighten site and watch the production kwh's pile up. Mine has done about 12% better than it was projected to produce.

My situation is different than most, I sold my SREC's for $800.00 ( 11 of them ) each last year because I was one of a few certified systems selling into another state that had a quota to meet with out of state energy purchases. This year it might not be the same, but it paid back over 50% the first year.
  • solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭

Canadian Solar is just about my favorite, best value brand. No quality problems at all. We've installed almost a thousand of them.
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

If there so good , & Naws don't list them , Where or who is supplying ?

VT
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I don't know why NAWS does not list Canadian solar--And since none of us moderators here work with/at NAWS--We cannot even begin to guess why.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset