5 Reasons Your Off-Grid Solar Lighting System Fails

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
5 Reasons Your Off-Grid Solar Lighting System Fails Whether you purchase large off-grid commercial solar light systems or smaller off-grid *home solar light systems, there are generally only a handful of reasons these lights will fail. *Hopefully after reading this list you will be able safeguard your off-grid solar lights against failure thus ensuring many, many years of trouble-free operation. 1. Solar Panel [...] Solar Feeds

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>> solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=Y2vYUFgvWyU:VyAqHGdygk8:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=Y2vYUFgvWyU:VyAqHGdygk8:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
Y2vYUFgvWyU

More...

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: 5 Reasons Your Off-Grid Solar Lighting System Fails

Duuuuuh!! I can't believe it...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    westbranch wrote: »
    Duuuuuh!! I can't believe it...

On the question of which panel faces South, how about neither of them? One East and one West so that they do not face each other's light emitters? No rule saying they have to charge at the same time or even that maximum panel output is needed.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options

Houston has solar parking meters all over downtown. Some of them are under trees and some are only a sidewalk's distance from the north sides of very tall buildings. Those units will NEVER see the sun. What were they thinking?
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ggunn wrote: »
    Houston has solar parking meters all over downtown. Some of them are under trees and some are only a sidewalk's distance from the north sides of very tall buildings. Those units will NEVER see the sun. What were they thinking?

What do you mean "thinking"? It was a government job! No thinking allowed! :p
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Engineer who designed it was supplanted by a tree planter...;)

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada