My BC Hydro bill or ...

Options
Cariboocoot
Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
... why grid-tie solar isn't widely used here.

Basic Charge: 62 days @ $0.15050 per day $9.33
Energy Charge:
Step 1: 481 kW hours @ $0.06800 $32.71
Step 2: 0 kW hours @ $0.10190 $0.00
Rate Rider @ 5%: $2.10
Regional transit levy: 62 days @ $0.0624 $3.87
HST: $5.76
BC HST credit: -$3.09

Total: $50.68 / 481 kW hours = $0.105 per kW hour with everything included.
Note that the Step 2 rate (usage above 1376 kW hours) is only ten cents per kW hour.

Just yesterday there was an article in the Vancouver Sun with certain political types exposing about how "green" the province is. They put the sales tax back on solar equipment, after all. :p

That rate is due to go up 17% in the next three years. That will add a penny per, plus the extended increases due to percentages on the rate rider and HST. It will still be one of the lowest electric rates in the world. People will still be complaining about how high their bill is.

Don't ask me why the transit levy is applied to electricity; it's one of those political things.

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: My BC Hydro bill or ...

Caraboo, Is that electric bill for your ongrid home? Do you get billed every 2 months. I think here in northwest Pa. that a bill for 1 month would be that much for the same amount of KWH. Our previous governer tryed to lease interstate 80 and was going to use the money to pay for transit in the 3 largest city,s. :Dsolarvic:D
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: My BC Hydro bill or ...

solarvic;

That's the two month bill for the "old" house (up for sale). It is grid only; no solar.
    The off-grid cabin doesn't come with a bill, unless you count the $800+ in new batteries this year - and having to run the gen in the rain for a week (about $23 'cause gasoline is expensive here).