Can,t program inverter numbers into my inverters.

solarvic
solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
Have been using 2 fronius inverters for gt inverters and have a personal display in house. I got a deal on another display and when I checked it out neither display will work now. Now I found you can,t use 2 separate displays with the same inverters as the cards in the inverter need programed to the display. You can use up to 15 separate inverters with a display. Each inverter needs the IG number set different for each inverter from 00 thru 15. The inverters wont except any inverter number when I try to program the IG number. What can I do? I am thinking of cutting off the ac and dc power to inverter to see if anything will reset in the inverters. The inverters are working perfectly otherwise but I do like the personal display in the house and would like to get that working again.
:DSolarvic:D

Comments

• SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭
    Re: Can,t program inverter numbers into my inverters.

Aaarg!:grr

I often want to have more than one display/control panel. Most often, one in the power room and one in the house.
    I would like to be able to use more than one XW SCP, Outback Mate or Magnum RC.

Alex
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    I often want to have more than one display/control panel. Most often, one in the power room and one in the house.
    I would like to be able to use more than one XW SCP, Outback Mate or Magnum RC.
    You can have two mates... but you can only use one at a time. I ran CAT5 cable to the house and to the power room. Its fairly simple to carry the one mate I have back and forth, and plug it in at either location. It would be slightly more convenient to have another mate, but its not a compelling use of my money. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • solarvic

I have 2 fronius inverters that I am grid tied to power co. I have another unused fronius inverter I want to ac couple to my offgrid backup inverter. Reason for getting the extra display. Was going to keep offgrid production on its own display and I only payed $36. for the extra display I got. Problem is I cant get the inverters to accept thier inverter number. You have to assign each inverter its own number. I took the batterys out of the display as it was trying to find the inverter numbers. You install a card into each inverter and it sends radio waves to your display in the house. i am guessing but not sure if I can get these inverters to accept thier assigned number that I can program the 2 inverters to one display and turn off power to those inverters and remove the batterys in the display. Then I could program the remaining inverter to other display. Once the 2 displays were programed I am hoping this will work. First problem is to get the 2 inverters to accept the assigned IGNUmber. The offgrid inverter hasn,t been installed yet. :Dsolarvic:D
    PS VTmaps THERE ISN,T WIREING USED TO DISPLAYS LIKE OTHER BRANDS. All display info is broadcast to display in house. Display is nice as it is portable or you can hang on wall. Hope someone has some ideas. I am going to try the different ones I thought about.
  • solarvic

i got my inverters to accept thier assigned address and my inhouse display is working. What I did. Took batterys out of display, shut off both ac and dc breakers in inverters and turned the ac dc breakers both on and waited for them to feed the grid. Programed in the address,s this time and inverters accepted the address ig numbers this time. Went in house and put batterys back in display and it downloaded the inverter numbers like it was suposed to do and everything working well. I think the software in inverter must have been hanging up like a computer. I had a vcr one time I had to unplug and plug back in again. I am happy that it is working again. :Dsolarvic:D
  • DanS26
    DanS26 Solar Expert Posts: 266 ✭✭✭

Man o man!! Just get a low cost TED system and scrap that high cost, high maintenance hard wire systems. I know you have a lot invested in that monitoring system but think about the future. Just scrap it and you will be money and time ahead.
    23.16kW Kyocera panels; 2 Fronius 7.5kW inverters; Nyle hot water; Steffes ETS; Great Lakes RO; Generac 10kW w/ATS, TED Pro System monitoring
  • solarvic

My system is not hardwired. There is a card with an antenns for each inverter. Each inverter has its own assigned number and brodcast radio waves to display in house. Since I am very satisfied with how my display works, why would I want to discard it? I don,t need a TED!!! My system has been trouble free for over 2 1/2 years now. The small problem I had was when I got another monitor and the address got changed on the inverters. All I had to do was cut all power and the cards and inverters got reprogramed. Call me a very satisfied fronius customer. :Dsolarvic:D