Morningstar Hub1

Options
santsalvador
santsalvador Registered Users Posts: 12
Hi. I am trying to connect 3 tristars, TS45 MPPT, TS 60 MPPT & TS45 PWM to the HUB 1 but keep getting communication error on the TS RM-2 Meter after connecting more than one Tristar, I have been told by Morninstar that this config is OK, any ideas please before I try to contact Morningstar.
Regards Terry.

Comments

• santsalvador
    Options
    Re: Morningstar Hub1

HI. Have heard from Morningstar, very quick, problem is the ID of each Tristar has to be different, all Tristar are sold with the same ID, the PWM can only be changed with software so that would stay as ID 1 all MPPT Tristars can be changed with the TS-RM-2 Meter of which I have so no problems.
    Thanks for use of Forum.

Terry, sunny Spain.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for following up. I don't have any morningstar equipment, but its nice to know that if I ever do I will be able to find your post by searching. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i too thank you as this forum is a sharing of knowledge that we hope will help those in need of that knowledge.
  • santsalvador
    Options

HI. No problems, Ive had to contact Morninstar twice now and found them very quick to respond and always sorted my problems.
    Regards Terry.
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Terry welcome to NAWS even though you solved your own problem and enlightened me also, this is a great place to give and get answers from. Im pleased with the response you got from Morningstar also. Enjoy your new system, next time Im up there Ill pop over and have a look. Next upgrade for you will be surge protection have a look at Midnites SPD .

Nigel