APS INCENTIVE Question

pabloesguapo
pabloesguapo Solar Expert Posts: 116 ✭✭
I understand that you have to have your system installed, or at least inspected by an approved professional installer in order to receive the incentives offered by Arizona Power Service (APS). I read something on their site, and if i understand it correctly, what you mount your panels on and/or what you store your equipment in must also be built and/or inspected by a pro contractor?
27 Kyocera panels, 6,500w
24 CG2 6v batteries, 48v, 630Ah
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic 150 Lite in "follow me" mode
(2) Outback fx3648 inverters
Generac ecogen 6kw backup generator
Mate3s

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: APS INCENTIVE Question

I think this is correct, you might want to get with a local contractor to advise, permit pull and make the interconnect agreement with APS. I think there is a couple of them that frequent this site BTW.

You need to get a reservation with APS first to lock your rebate in, you then have 6 months to execute and get approved.
  • pabloesguapo
    pabloesguapo Solar Expert Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have been in contact with a local APS approved electrical contractor who will help me with the electrical. What I want to know about is the mounting of the panels. Does the shed I'm placing them on have to be inspected as well? Do I have to show APS the building permit for my shed?
    27 Kyocera panels, 6,500w
    24 CG2 6v batteries, 48v, 630Ah
    Midnite Classic 150 & Classic 150 Lite in "follow me" mode
    (2) Outback fx3648 inverters
    Generac ecogen 6kw backup generator
    Mate3s
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

Glendale did a structural panel mounting inspection and an electrical inspection. Not sure what your jusristriction will do. APS just cares that it is,inspected and passed.
  • Juram
    Juram Solar Expert Posts: 36

Depends what city you're in. Glendale and Peoria are extra weird about panel-mounting, fire-code etc. Most cities offer a basic inspection, they thoroughly analyze the engineering drawings but simply want to make sure there aren't any major fire hazards posed by the system.
  • Juram
    Juram Solar Expert Posts: 36

Also as far as these incentives go, make no mistake about it, panel prices have reached their basement in terms of pricing, they will only increase...slightly over the next few months so basically the pricing isn't going to get any better than it is right now, anytime soon.