pressure tank

Options
ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
Flotec 35 ga (82 ga equiv.) pressure tank. AC. Model FP7120-08 Blue

Would this be too much for a battery based booster pump to pressure up. ???Its a standard grid AC water system pressure tank.
would most solar systems use something else less aggressive?...??? Like what???

I would use a smaller AC or DC boost pump to pressure up the house water. The cistern would not produce enough pressure at all.

Comments

• Volvo Farmer
    Volvo Farmer Solar Expert Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: pressure tank

That looks like the same sized tank we used for years with a shurflo 2088. The pump runs a while, almost ten minutes sometimes before it hits the high pressure cut out, but it wasn't hard on the pump, it lasted a couple years pumping 300 gallons a week for a household of four. The second pump leaked into the motor after only four months. We're currently using a Grundfos MQ3, just because I had it laying around. Current drain is much higher, but it doesn't run as long.
  • ws9876
    ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    Options

btw how come you run your wind machine thru a separate controller instead of the classic 200..???? just curious...
  • Volvo Farmer
    Volvo Farmer Solar Expert Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wind and solar can not be run through the same charge controller if you are using the MPPT type. The solar has one maximum power point and the wind has quite another.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah shurflo or similar type pumps will pump fine into a conventional pressure tank. I use the shurflo submersible into a p- tank, as well as her 2088 (?) type pump into a p- tank.

Tony