haha how many people does it take to install one unisolar laminate?

jkhawaii
jkhawaii Solar Expert Posts: 30
I dont know what language they are speaking or what is going on but I thought this was funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYISNzxU3uE&feature=context&context=C3befaa5ADOEgsToPDskIqXNvRO7tF0arJbe9Bwqje

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin
    Re: haha how many people does it take to install one unisolar laminate?

I am guessing it is Italian. Yea--solar+government+news folks can create a crowd.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • jkhawaii
    jkhawaii Solar Expert Posts: 30

it does not look like they know what they are doing ether
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    jkhawaii wrote: »
    it does not look like they know what they are doing ether

many people do learn by experience and hard knocks, but i don't think those in the crowd paid that close of attention.
  • RandomJoe
    RandomJoe Solar Expert Posts: 472 ✭✭✭

Wow. First thought in my head was "what happens when they reroof?"

I wonder how good that adhesive is - and whether that strip can be pulled up without damage to the modules?

No, maybe my *first* thought was "glad I'm not sticking that down"! I'd have had ten air bubbles in the middle of that, can't stick down a long strip of anything without making a first-rate mess of it! :)
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭

what happens when anything lands on the strip? bird poop, Frisbees, acid rain, who is going to go up and keep the laminates clean? how efficient will it be on an already-tarred, hot roof? flat roofs pool water
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

We have never been fans of those laminates. Besides costing 2-3x as much up front, the installation can cost more than a new roof. And if the satellite guy drills holes into for the antenna...