Forum board is displaying incorrectly on my firefox and IE?

Options
alia176
alia176 Solar Expert Posts: 33
I don't know what changed but this forum board no longer displays correctly in Firefox or IE. Is anyone else experiencing this strange behavior? This started on Thursday (I think) of this week and I didn't change any of the settings.

My other VB forum boards are displaying fine as far as I can tell.

Here's a copy/paste from the bottom of my page, maybe this will give a clue. Should HTML code be in the "on" ?

• You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

Any ideas? :grr

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Forum board is displaying incorrectly on my firefox and IE?

i'm not quite sure what it is you are referring to specifically that appears to be different. nothing seems out of the ordinary from my perspective. can you be more specific? btw, i see the same on the bottom of my page as you are seeing.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

I am not having any display problems.

Regarding the HTML Code OFF--That just means you cannot use an HTML tags when posting--only the VBB type tags for Bold, Italics, Font, Size, etc...

If you are not seeing BOLD/ITALICS as "pretty" text, but are seeing just the VBB tags (square tags with bold/italic/etc. commands), in the upper left of the edit window is a A/A button (A/A) which switches between "raw" and What You See Is What You Get mode (WYSIWHG).

I also have problems writing/editing posts on my phone--The new forum software really confuses the phone browser--If I switch to "RAW" editing, the phone behaves a bit better.

I do have random problems (not often) of Post Timeouts... I have to log out and log back in to clear my cookies before I can post again.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    Options

Try clearing your browser's cache. I had a problem a few weeks ago and clearing the cache fixed it. In my case I wasn't seeing new posts in most of the sub-forums - went on for days, which was odd since this board is so active.
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is
  • alia176
    Options
    techntrek wrote: »
    Try clearing your browser's cache. I had a problem a few weeks ago and clearing the cache fixed it. In my case I wasn't seeing new posts in most of the sub-forums - went on for days, which was odd since this board is so active.

Attached is a screen sot of what I"m looking at. I noticed that my formatting buttons lost their labels!

I can clear the cache but hesitate to do that just yet. All of my other VB bulletin forum boards are working perfectly, only this site is being funky!

Attachment not found.
  • alia176
    Options

Update:

I have no idea what just happened, but I'm now able to see everything normally. No formatting issues or display peculiarities.

Interesting.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options

That is your ISP stripping the Formatting, when you get that try to refresh or reload the whole page.
  • alia176
    Options

ahh, good to know. Thanks for the info.
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    Options
    alia176 wrote: »
    All of my other VB bulletin forum boards are working perfectly, only this site is being funky!

None of the other forums I visit gave me a problem, either. Glad to see your problem went away.
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is